Best Mixer for Radio Production

DJGJUK

Hi there. As you'll see, I'm a newbie and not even sure I'm posting on the right site but you guys know your stuff and I would really appreciate any help you can offer. I make radio programs on a semi-professional basis in a home studio and have - up until now - "constructed" them using a DAW. I would like to return to recording "as live" but - after several years of research and (expensive!) experimentation - am still having a problem finding a mixer that suits my needs. Buying a dedicated radio desk is beyond my budget so I've been using a Yamaha MG166CXUSB and have also even tried a Numark M6 DJ mixer (great for stereo inputs, not so great for radio programs!), neither of which are really suitable.

My "shopping list" for the ideal mixer is as follows:
XLR input for mic (and the ability to monitor mic output - ie: my voice - through headphones as I speak)
At least 5 stereo inputs (TRS or RCA) - all with gain control
USB output to PC
Master and/or monitor stereo output to speakers (TRS or RCA)
Headphone output
Slide faders
PFL/Cue on all channels

I realize that this is HUGE ask but if anyone knows of any mixers which meet (or come close to) these specs - I'd be very grateful for any info you can offer. Thank you! :)

EDIT: I've just found the Behringer DX2000USB mixer online. Is this the answer to my mixer needs?

Last edited:
Back