Best Mic-Pre for $38.

Mustafa Salaam said:
Well ?

That's all the money I have! Momma' said she won't give me a raise in my allowance!

I'm gonna' bomb my momma'!

Hi

You could go to your nearest Radio Shack and buy a piece of strip board, two 9v batteries, battery clips, 100K or 10K pot, and then buy a NE5534 IC from the web like Mouser or Digikey.

With the addition of about 5 resistors and 5 capacitors you could make a mic pre with 0dB to 60dB gain that'll sound at least as good as pre's costing more.... and you'd have change from your $38 which you could put towards a box for it.

:)

Mustafa Salaam said:
Well ?

That's all the money I have! Momma' said she won't give me a raise in my allowance!

I'm gonna' bomb my momma'!

Try a Grace 101. It is in the ballpark. Put the $38 down, lay it away and git momma' working the streets for a week.

Islamic Blues

Im Gonna bombie my mommie
Blow her ass to kingdom cum

I said Im gonna bombie my mommie
Blow her ass to kingdom cum

And if mommy dont want them virgins

Mustafa will surely get him some.........

btw, at about $35 per channel, the Audio Buddy may fit your needs.......cheap,reliable, and decent sounding but won't withstand a bomb blast.........

Gidge,
you need to replace the "islamic" with TERRORIST. That way, it's accurate. ;) Also, didn't the audiobuddy have problems not providing enough phantom power to some mics?

-dejacky

ok, if i must be politically correct lets go with :

MIDDLE EASTERN ISLAMIC EXTREMIST BLUES

and to answer the question, the AB doesnt provide full 48v of phantom.....yes that can affect the mic's sound though ive never heard of a mic that it wouldnt power......if that is an issue one might wanna step up a bit to a Yamaha MG 10/2 mixer which has 4 preamped inputs that "supposedly" provide a full 48v.....

wait, how did this thread turn serious......

If "islamic extremists" = terrorist, they are not Islamic in any way to begin with. that's all.. any culture of people in poverty that are brainwashed and desperate to have purpose will do crazy things. I'm just not a fan of negativity towards any religion..that's all :). Anyways, aren't there some kind of Line level attenuators that enable one to use a dynamic mic without a preamp? That might be cheaper than $38 I imagine.

-dejacky

im gonna sick to my story......

im not saying all islamics are bad.....im making a joke.......

btw, you should have fun around here taking up for the Christians...they get bashed pretty regularly here......

What's a pre amp? :confused:
Do I need one?
Will it make my recordings sound better?
What's this about phantom power?
If its phantom, how do you know its really there?
:confused:

What's a pre amp?

thats whats the pros run their mics thru

Do I need one?

no.....we all just go into the mic in of our soundcards.......

Will it make my recordings sound better?

i doubt it....all that preamp talk is just fuzzy math.....

What's this about phantom power?

ghosts go around yelling that.....

If its phantom, how do you know its really there?

you gotta have faith.......

Gidge is a liar. I can't go to the toilet without a preamp to clarify it for me. Once you lived with gain, you can't live without it.

not the point! it's a trusted brand bearing the 'QSeal' marque of approval. if the pros use it, it's just about good enough for Mustafa (as long as it's bombproof).

oh wait, no i'm gonna get flamed for accusing behringer of not being bomb-proof. ok, volunteer your gear and we'll test it.

Is he lookin for bomb proof... or just a bomb?:)

BTW I'm a fan of negativity toward ALL religions. Not just Islam.

Back