Best mic for street rap under $79.95

Aight I shoot running thru the streets of my hood, you ever seen the Beasties video Sabotage that's how I like to spit. Got my homey running after me with the camera and my bro with the ghetto blaster pumpin the beat but the sound is not too good, I want a vocal like Dre? So what I need, yo? Hit me up :cool:

Peace and JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!

Basically any $79.95 mic you can get your hands on. There is no "best" mic, specially for such a price range.

It's not that big of a deal, just get any cheap dynamic mic and start spitting. Sennheiser, Shure or Audix will be good options, but I dont think they go for less than $99 but you could get one used

Aight I shoot running thru the streets of my hood, you ever seen the Beasties video Sabotage that's how I like to spit. Got my homey running after me with the camera and my bro with the ghetto blaster pumpin the beat but the sound is not too good, I want a vocal like Dre? So what I need, yo? Hit me up :cool:

Peace and JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!

:facepalm:

Yall a bunch of Juan Epstein lovin h8rs gonna h8! :p

Dont think a wired mic is gonna do too well cause when I jump up on a hood and the alarm go off I gots to gets the H-E-double hockey sticks outta there before the F.T.P. come!

Peace and JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON®!

I'd wager that every mic in your budget comes out of the same Chinese factory. Hit up Harvey Gerst's sticky at the top of the forum for some ideas.

I dont buy 40s from the Chinese and I dont buy no mic either. Dre dont use no Chinese mic.

Im post my lastest joint l8r soon as I get 10 posts, this is a studio joint and I need to get that sound in the street. What do the Beasties use in that video (cant post link yet) because that sound is dope and you cant even see the mic.

Yall a bunch of Juan Epstein lovin h8rs gonna h8! :p

Dont think a wired mic is gonna do too well cause when I jump up on a hood and the alarm go off I gots to gets the H-E-double hockey sticks outta there before the F.T.P. come!

Juan is dead - he got a note from his mother.

Where is the F.T. police?

I dont buy 40s from the Chinese and I dont buy no mic either. Dre dont use no Chinese mic.

Im post my lastest joint l8r soon as I get 10 posts, this is a studio joint and I need to get that sound in the street. What do the Beasties use in that video (cant post link yet) because that sound is dope and you cant even see the mic.

Has it ever crossed your mind that whatever mic appears on Sabotage video may be a diff one from the one they used in the studio to record the song?

Back