Best laptop for Recording...Anyone?

agree..

elevate said:
Pentium Ms are without question the best laptop processors available right now, though there is something to be said for portable desktop power. Though that'll all change when dual core Pentium Ms (aka Yonah) drop.

I'll have to agree with you on that one. have you seen the benchmarks putting p4's against the new pM's it's amazing what those little things can do. You mainlly run into problems when you're doing database work.. but my guess if you're doing database work.. you're gonna want to be sitting a desk with a big monitor.. not a itty bitty notebook ment for multimedia. I do also like the advent of the longer battery life. heat I can deal with more than a computer that only stays running for an hour. Take for example. the XPS Gen 1 from Dell, we sold those like crazy.. but got so many complaints about the battery life (yes i work there). So they changed it to the pM, and it out performs the old p4 in benchmarks, and has close to 2x the battery life. I don't know the total ins and outs of how that works.. but they do wonders.

Back