Best interface?

GuitarzMyThing

Hi!

Its finally time to upgrade a few things in my studio - One being my main used interface. My question is, what is the best 8 mic input interface with the best converters available? I could care less about the preamps in it because I already have a lunchbox with a Neve 1073LB, a Avedis Audio MA5, 4 API 514c's along with a Universal Audio 2-610 tube pre so I am just looking for a good interface with good converters and a high dynamic range. (basic idea anyway)

Thanks!

I've heard really amazing things about the RME Fireface interface. Only four built in pres, but like you said, not too big of an issue, considering it has 8 line inputs on the back, and then 18 other inputs via ADAT and MIDI and the like.

EDIT: Completely forgot about the UAD Apollo interfaces. The twin, quad, and 16 are all really great, and they come with a UAD card built in as well.

Last edited:
Not sure if I would call these the "best", but

Burl MS
Cranesong
Larvy
Mytek
Benchmark

then maybe
Focusrite Rednet
Antelope Orion, Zen,
Lynx
Apogee
RME
UA apollo

Not comprehensive, but if money were not an issue I would be going Mytek, but I am a jazzer/classical, so maybe the Burl. Always loved the Benchmark gear too.

Bets of luck on finding the "Best"... I hope u find the best match for your needs.

Good list, but I'd put the Lynx HiLo and Apogee Symphony I/O in the top category.

Not sure if I would call these the "best", but

Burl MS
Cranesong
Larvy
Mytek
Benchmark

then maybe
Focusrite Rednet
Antelope Orion, Zen,
Lynx
Apogee
RME
UA apollo

Not comprehensive, but if money were not an issue I would be going Mytek, but I am a jazzer/classical, so maybe the Burl. Always loved the Benchmark gear too.

Bets of luck on finding the "Best"... I hope u find the best match for your needs.

Audient ID22 is very good, I recently got one and have been amazed at the quality of AD/DA, for the money unbeatable, something to look into if you haven't yet... I love mine

Back