Best interface to mix from 414 to computer?

adrianhouse

Hi, I've figured out how to get my 414mkII recordings onto my desktop using the line-in input and Audacity, but it doesn't seem to be in stereo. I spoke to a friend and he said that the line-in is crap and negatively affects the sound, and I should get some kind of usb interface instead. Thoughts? I don't want to do anything fancy, just mix down my 4 track recordings to a digital format in a decent-sounding way. Thanks

Yeah...i don't know about the mono condition you are experiencing, but the onboard line inputs on a computer tend to be low quality.

What's your budget?

For the very budget-minded you can find used Behringer USB interfaces for under $30. They are very basic (just stereo RCA inputs and outputs), and IIRC are limited to 16-bit/44.1kHz, but they sound heaps-a-lot better than stock computer soundcard inputs and get the job done.

Is that the kind of thing you are looking for?

OT: on your desktop you can set the Line In (recording input) properties in the Control Panel. Set for 16 bit, stereo, 44.1kHz, and you should be ok. Double check settings in the Audacity input options. Sound quality should be acceptable.
:spank::eek:;)

Hi A Reel Person, would you mind giding me through setting the line in to 16 bit, stereo, 44.1khz. I've gone to control panel but can't for the life of me figure it out. Thanks a lot,
Adrian

Back