• Rick

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Guitar with P-90s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other...Specify

Votes: 11 15.7%

• Total voters

KKM1

I just got a 1974x Marshall which i think is a great example of pure Marshall tone. What guitar do you think compliments it the best? So far the Les Paul sounded the best to my ears. It was Les Paul Studio. On a side note, do u think the higher priced Les Pauls will sound much sweeter than the studio model?

Last edited:
Not to be a negative guy or anything but that is the gayist poll I've read that wasn't a joke. :confused:

What about "Whats the best color seat cover to put in my new Toyota?"

Ok, I thought I should add a little...

Its all personnel preferance man, just test drive and settle on what YOUR wanting to hear. Me? I'm not the biggest fan of a Les Paul because IMO its not as versatile as some of the competition. But thats must me...

Again, all personnel preference.

VSpaceBoy said:

Its all personnel preferance man, just test drive and settle on what YOUR wanting to hear. Me? I'm not the biggest fan of a Les Paul because IMO its not as versatile as some of the competition. But thats must me...

no shit its all personal preference. most topics on ANY music related forum is based on personal preference. i want to read everyones opinion. is that a crime?

KKM1 said:
no shit its all personal preference. most topics on ANY music related forum is based on personal preference. i want to read everyones opinion. is that a crime?
No not a crime, but your not going to get anything useful except 10 out of 100 ppl agreeing with you on your Les Paul and that making you feel better about the purchase.

i love the sound of both a strat and an LP. i've got an 89 strat with lace sensors, and a les paul studio as well, they both sound great through any marshall.

I think it is definitly the SG or the Les paul. THey are almost the same guitar, except the pickups are a LITTLE different. But other than that , they are electronically the same. I plya SG's all the time on marshall amps, and they sound B-E-A-UTIFUL.

VSpaceBoy said:

im with him

you gotta tell us what sound your shooting for then maybe we will be able to tell you what guitar you should use to accompany that marshall

Mikey likes it! said:
Why can't people figure out that polls are for peoples opinions. It's not a Presidential election. :rolleyes:

Well your obviously responding to my
but that is the gayist poll I've read that wasn't a joke
statement. Looking back I guess I could have worded it a little better and not been an ahole about it, that wasn't my intention I guess I had a little too much to drink that night. :confused:

But my point is illustrated nicely in this poll :D
Just that its completely preference. Just about ANYTHING is going to sound superb through that 1974x Marshall. But let me know if you don't find anything, cuz I'd be more than happy to take that amp off your hands!! :)

thanks for voting. i ended up buying a new heritage cherry sunburst gibson LP Standard. for hard/classic rock it really is a super sweet combo. i dont use any pedals either. just pure tone!

now i need to make some money to pay off some credit cards lol

i might post some pics later today.

Good choice KKM1. Now make your next purchase an American Strat and double your pleasure!

rpe

rpe said:
Good choice KKM1. Now make your next purchase an American Strat and double your pleasure!

rpe

haha i have a 2004 american strat. i dont really like how it sounds through the marshall. maybe i think i need to replace the pups. it just sounds too weak.

Back