Best Free VST Plug-In's/VSTi's

Bass Master "K"

What do you think are the best freeware and shareware plug in's and VSTi's out there? If your best friend was hooking up a Cubase system what would be the top three to five you would tell him to make sure to download?

And so you all don't think I am a total idiot, I see that there is a post regarding good places to get free plug-in's further down. I have a friend that is coming over from logic and he is looking for some quality free plug-in's and I don't really know or use the freeware.

I turned him onto the free plug in sites listed earier, but there are hundreds of available plug in's and he was wondering if there was anything that stood out as being good to use. He does mostly standard rock/hard rock with a dabble in occational techno.

Thanks for any help. :p

The MDA stuff kicks butt, thought the interface is quite lean. They focus on sound quality and get it. All of the MDA stuff kicks butt.

The RoomMachine reverb is nice. As are FreeVerbToo and Freeverb2.

That's all that comes to mind for me at the moment. I'm sure there are others.

Take care,
Chris

Thanks Chris! :D

I have been poking around a bit and it seems the MDA plugs certainly have the best rep in general in the freeware area. I'll let my friend know, and I really appreciate the help.
Heck, I may even have to download a few of those mda's myself to check them out.

If anyone else has any others please post.

Hey Chris (or anyone else who is experienced with this),

In your humble opinion ;) :

Is it worth picking up any of the mda plug in's that are already packed in with Cubase VST/32 and SX (e.g. is it worth picking up mda ring modulator when Cubase SX comes with one already?)

I would think that Steinberg would put out a better quality plug for it's paying users than another company would for free, but I could always be wrong. What have you experienced?

Back