Best Cheap Interface with BNC Word Clock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanlong

What are some inexpensive interfaces that can sync via BNC cables? I don't need ins or outs, only a good clock and coax terminals.

Those both have ins and outs (and also aren't all that cheap) and I'm really just looking for a card (internal) or box (external) with BNC terminals which won't give me any glitching and nothing else. The clock stability is the only thing that's important as I've already got the preamps and converters taken care of by other gear. Even a similarly spec'ed TOSLINK card or box would be OK if it were 100% reliable, but from what I understand, BNC is a much surer shot sync-wise.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to attach a clock to anything. Please don't reply if you have no idea what I'm asking for.

Last edited:
I would NOT recommend the ART SyncGen 192. Too much jitter and starts to muddy things up and pop here and there at 96kHz and higher. (about $99)

No bells, no whistles, but a damn nice little wordclock with three BNC outs. . .the Black Lion Audio MicroClock (about $450)

Lucid GENx192 can usually get one used for around $350-$700 (8 BNC outs)

A couple of bells and whistles, half a rack space, and a very good wordclock. . .Mytek 192CX (just under a grand)

Many others, but start getting into $$$$$.

. . Falcon

I'm not trying to attach a clock to anything. Please don't reply if you have no idea what I'm asking for.

Beggars can't be choosers. Why don't you call Sweetwater and have a sales rep make some suggestions, since you are apparently unable to do any research on your own.

I would NOT recommend the ART SyncGen 192. Too much jitter and starts to muddy things up and pop here and there at 96kHz and higher. (about $99)

No bells, no whistles, but a damn nice little wordclock with three BNC outs. . .the Black Lion Audio MicroClock (about $450)

Lucid GENx192 can usually get one used for around $350-$700 (8 BNC outs)

A couple of bells and whistles, half a rack space, and a very good wordclock. . .Mytek 192CX (just under a grand)

Many others, but start getting into $$$$$.

. . Falcon

Thanks a lot.

Beggars can't be choosers.

I appreciate the poster's effort but his suggestions weren't to my specifications. I also don't see how you defending his right to half-read my post and then post things that are off the mark makes this a better forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back