Best cheap headphones under £50

Missdrama

Hi guys. I would like to buy a pair of headphones. I need them for home recording and to listen to music. Of course they don't have to be big because i'm gonna use them when i go outside. Noise-isolation required. LOL

I searched on internet and there are a few headphones with good comments. I was just asking because i bet someone can help me.

Hi guys. I would like to buy a pair of headphones. I need them for home recording and to listen to music. Of course they don't have to be big because i'm gonna use them when i go outside. Noise-isolation required. LOL
Try Studiospares. They're based in North London, literally just round the corner from the M1 motorway {well, a 5 minute walk}. They make a number of their own products as well as selling others at pretty reasonable prices.

How exactly do you expect to get such a headphone for such a low price?
That's an odd question. I have a pair of Studiospares headphones that I bought for about £25 and they are fantastic ~ they do everything that I want them to.
It's presumptious to assume that everything has to be majorly pricey in order to be any good.

That's an odd question. I have a pair of Studiospares headphones that I bought for about £25 and they are fantastic ~ they do everything that I want them to.
It's presumptious to assume that everything has to be majorly pricey in order to be any good.

I'm not trying to be presumptious, I'm just saying no matter how good the technology is, it will not be better than a, let's say, £100 one. Why not invest in something better if you can afford it?

Have a look at the Sony MDR 7502. A company I worked for bought them by the dozen for field monitoring of recording and they were darn good for the money--fairly neutral sound, good level even with high background noise and comfortable enough to wear for a while. Details HERE. With shopping around you should find them pretty close to your budget.

Failing that, I have a mate who swears by the Sennheiser HD 205 and I must admit that when I've tried them on, they sound darn good--but I've not done anything serious with them yet. Worth a look HERE.

I'm not trying to be presumptious, I'm just saying no matter how good the technology is, it will not be better than a, let's say, £100 one. Why not invest in something better if you can afford it?

Hmmm...usually true but not always, particularly with headphones. Cans have become a bit of a fashion accessory and there are certain name brands (Skull Candy and Dr. Dre spring to mind) where you spend more for the name than for the technology.

Hmmm...usually true but not always, particularly with headphones. Cans have become a bit of a fashion accessory and there are certain name brands (Skull Candy and Dr. Dre spring to mind) where you spend more for the name than for the technology.

I agree. I use Sony MDR V150's, for simple monitoring for tracking full band situations. They are basically disposable crap headphones, that do the job of allowing players to hear. While, at $20 per, it don't piss me off so much, when they get stepped on, or the guitar players girlfriend rips the cable out of the adapter. $2 lifetime warranty, actually got me 5 pairs replaced...

My personal set that I use for listening, while tracking, are the MDR 7506's. Much better build, but less pronounced in the low end. Better for me during long sessions.

As far as accurate headphones are concerned, I really have not found a need to spend the money yet. I hate-let me elaborate-I HATE having cans on my head for more than a few minutes. Sucks the life out of me. I would send home a client, that wished to pay me $500 for a quick 20 minute mix, after having my head strapped by a set of cans for a half hour. I myself, feel that I need an hour or more to get my head straight, after being stuck in headphone space.

I have used expensive headphones, and they do the same to me. I can't friggen stand them. Evil bastards! :)

My hatred of wearing cans is obviously less pronounced than your but I must say it's not something I rank up there with sex, eating and drinking as a source of pleasure!

Seriously, the comfort factor probably ranks higher for me than the perfection of the sound--and that's something that really can't be recommended. 'Phones that are comfortable on one person are sheer torture on another. Difficult in this internet shopping day and age, but I strongly suggest trying them on before you buy.

Me, in a previous incarnation. I hated those cans the company provided SOOOOO much...and, from memory, that was about a 12 hour day.

Bob-and-Jono-shooting_zps01fec363.jpg

Well, that's not the point. A £100 pair may well be better than a £50 pair but the issue isn't whether a £100 or a £1000 pair are brilliant or not. The issue at hand is can a decent £50 pair be recommended ?

Back