Best Capo for Thick Neck?

Ripthorn

Hey guys, I built myself a nice guitar with a nice thick neck (more comfortable for my double jointed thumb on my fretting hand) but the one problem it has is that my normal capo (keyser quick change) presses the strings so hard that the notes go out of tune (sharp, of course). I was wondering if anyone out there has a good suggestion for a capo that won't press too hard for a thick neck. Maybe one of those cheap elastic band ones (shudder)?

Either a Shubb, or a G7. Both are nice, but the Shubb is half the price of the G7. That said, I'd rather use a G7 as they are REALLY easy to use. Either one is better than your Kyser, and will last a lifetime (though you may have to replace the rubber sleeve on the Shubb in 20 years or so).

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

+1 on the Shubb

I have had no problem using them on wartime Gibsons that didn't have truss rods. Those have the biggest necks you're likely to find.

Thanks for the suggestions. The planet waves ns capo looks similar to the G7th capos, anyone have experience with them?

Thanks for the suggestions. The planet waves ns capo looks similar to the G7th capos, anyone have experience with them?

LOOKS similar, but they do not WORK the same way. Nowhere near as good.

Get the Shubb - it's everything you'll ever need.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Back