Best Audio Interface For Audio Technica AT-4050... $150-200

Nickword

Hello i own a like new Audio Technica AT-4050 Microphone. I just got 200 bucks and am now ready to buy a audio interface for it. i will be using the microphone for rap vocals only, nothing else. can some one please lead me in the best direction in what will suit me best for what i am trying to do. thank you so very much in advance. have a good day.!

From what you describe, anything with an XLR input and phantom power will work. Have you considered how you'll be monitoring? Please don't say "with headphones".

Another point, spend more for the interface than you did for the mic. A 4050 isn't a cheap mic so unless you got it for next to nothing, a $200 interface will be a waste of a mic.

ya

Another point, spend more for the interface than you did for the mic. A 4050 isn't a cheap mic so unless you got it for next to nothing, a $200 interface will be a waste of a mic.

well what are recommended audio interfaces then for this mic>? it's over a 600 dollar mic new. so what do people recommend to use with it?

Monitoring? I'm kinda new to this stuff but i do own a pair of Dr Dre Detox Beat headphones. and i own a Cerwin Vega MX-8 mixer. i will use both off them to to mix.

If your talking about Monitors? i Don't own a pair but i got some really high quality vintage Cerwin Vega speakers and amplifiers i can use. the speakers are Cerwin vega AT-15'S they sound really really good...

The best thing you can do is go to the Newbies section and read the stickies. Find out what is involved in getting started in recording.

does the new Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 sound like a good mix it's about 240 i can afford a bit more cash. just wondering what audio interface would you personally use if you owned this exact mic? in your price range?

I used to have a 4050 and I work in a studio with two of them. It will sound crisp and clear through typical preamps, perhaps a bit too crisp and clear in some cases, without a lot of character. That will be fine for a lot of things, but when I plugged a 4050 into a UA Solo 610 it really came to life. It was still clear but suddenly became, and I kind of hate to say this, fat and warm. The 610 was the perfect compliment (that I've tried so far) for the 4050, offsetting its crystal, almost clinical, clarity with warmth and body and taking just a hint of the top end edge off. No doubt there are other preamps that do something like this but this is a combination that I've tried and can recommend without reservation.

Of course the Solo 610 is just a preamp, not an interface, and it costs something like $600.

Back