Best all around: Korg X50 or Roland Juno-D

silentman

I'm probably going to buy a keyboard this weekend and it's down to the Juno-
D and X50. I'm kind of leaning towards the Juno-D for money reasons, but is the extra $100 for the X50 worth it?

-JV

The main difference between the two is the Roland has an onboard sequencer and the Korg does not.

The Korg does have a USB port though and is said to interface well with computer software.

IMHO, if you have a computer sequencer you are using already, spend the extra money and get the Korg for the better sound capability. But if you're going to use the keyboard by itself the Roland would be the choice.

ssscientist said:
The main difference between the two is the Roland has an onboard sequencer and the Korg does not.

The Korg does have a USB port though and is said to interface well with computer software.

IMHO, if you have a computer sequencer you are using already, spend the extra money and get the Korg for the better sound capability. But if you're going to use the keyboard by itself the Roland would be the choice.

The Juno-G has an onboard sequencer, not the Juno-D.

The Juno D also interfaces with a computer for patch editing and has some easy to use software bundled with it .

cortexx said:
The Juno D also interfaces with a computer for patch editing and has some easy to use software bundled with it .
:confused:

What does that have to do with anything? So does every other synth on the market nowadays...

ssscientist mistakenly claimed the Juno-D had an onboard sequencer. I simply corrected him.

it doesnt mean anything i wasnt correcting anyone , i just had a chance to play with the software that comes with the D and found it pretty easy to use.

silentman said:
I'm probably going to buy a keyboard this weekend and it's down to the Juno-
D and X50. I'm kind of leaning towards the Juno-D for money reasons, but is the extra $100 for the X50 worth it?

-JV

Well I love my Juno-D. I went to see the NEWCARS Friday night and Greg Hawkes was using a Juno-D as his MAIN keyboard. This guy is probably a millionaire with a warehouse full of vintage synths, and there it was, a 600 dollar Juno-D front and center. He had a MiniKorg above the Juno that he played some single note lines on and a couple other keyboards, but the Juno-D got played about 75% of the time. Go figure.

Steve Z.

MULEFAN said:
Well I love my Juno-D. I went to see the NEWCARS Friday night and Greg Hawkes was using a Juno-D as his MAIN keyboard. This guy is probably a millionaire with a warehouse full of vintage synths, and there it was, a 600 dollar Juno-D front and center. He had a MiniKorg above the Juno that he played some single note lines on and a couple other keyboards, but the Juno-D got played about 75% of the time. Go figure.

Steve Z.
Quite likely being used as a controller.

Back