Besiktningen - The Car inspection

Boray

I just made a comedy song in Swedish:

"Besiktningen" here:
http://www.allears.se/MyPage.aspx?name=boray

(You need flash player 8 installed, which can be downloaded here:
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
)

I don't know how it is in other countries, but here we have something called "Bilprovningen" that is a control authority making safety tests on all cars. You have to test your car once a year and fix the things they point out to you, or else it will be illegal to drive the car. This is what this song is about.

Here is a translation of the song text:

I've just been to the car inspection center, to the yearly control of the car.
A Volvo 240 year model -87, that has been coughing a bit for the last 10 kilometers.

Whooooohooohooohooohooohoooohooo, the Car control!

The turning signal at front was not good. It does not have the correct color shade. I have to buy a light bulb that's orange, so that I once again will obtain the correct balance.

Yes, I have an old car, it has run for many miles.
It's hopping and jumping and the exhaust pipe farts.

The headlight at front was not good. It emits diffuse light in the wrong sector. That blinds the other drivers, so I have to exchange the reflector.

He is hammering and pounding more than the metal sheet can take.
He's pounding like a maniac and finally you got a hole.

besiktningen.jpg

have you noticed how much the swedish word 'Besiktningen' resembles the english phrase 'it's sickening' what totaly describes the feeling when you have to take your old car to the technical (i had a lada for 6 years and i took it 6 times - the guys smiled from the moment i arrived untill i left and they found some minor flaw every year).

the tune's good too - i can't think of anything that's wrong with it - maybe the vocals are a bit loud? but then again maybe not.

good one. i understand some of your swedish (i speak dutch and have traveled with swe/no/de in the past) an the song made me smile.

Thanks! Yes, both things have struck my mind... "Sickening" and the maybe little too loud vocals... Maybe they are a little louder in the start than in the rest or something... Perhaps I will do something about that... Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

/Anders

Listening from the neighboring country right now.

Quite audible swedish, not the singing-kind (riksvenska), en finnjävla as I am could still understand it all! :D

The mix is good, nothing hurt my ears.
..poppisk. :D

Back