Benchmark DAC-1 problems ?

kylen

Just checking - the guy at Sweetwater is sending me a replacement but my volume knob makes the left channel speaker channel crackle and go intermittant when I twist it. I've been OK in phones for the past 3 weeks since I got the unit and finally threw some Event Studio Precision (ASP8) monitors on it - sounds very good...

It's really frustrating to go from a gorgeous colorful crystilline soundstage to missing freqs and volume cutting out. In the past I'd just spray the volume pot with radio shack cleaner - not this time :D

Anyone else with DAC-1 probs ? The tech guys at Sweetwater seemed to indicate this was rare for these units.

kylen said:
Just checking - the guy at Sweetwater is sending me a replacement but my volume knob makes the left channel speaker channel crackle and go intermittant when I twist it. I've been OK in phones for the past 3 weeks since I got the unit and finally threw some Event Studio Precision (ASP8) monitors on it - sounds very good...

It's really frustrating to go from a gorgeous colorful crystilline soundstage to missing freqs and volume cutting out. In the past I'd just spray the volume pot with radio shack cleaner - not this time :D

Anyone else with DAC-1 probs ? The tech guys at Sweetwater seemed to indicate this was rare for these units.

i just purchased one of there older 20bit 8 channel D/a's no problems(sounds fantastic if you can find some 20bit benchmark's on ebay buy buy buy they crap all over delta, echo, aardvark etc.)...built so great i would have no problem using it as a bullet proof vest ;)

Well the DAC1 seems pretty solid, except for the volume knob. I don't see anyone else with this problem so it must be a rare fluke like I figured. I'll have a new one Wednesday anyway !

I got a DAC1 right when they first came out. It's worked great for me, no problems at all. That particular unit must have just been flaky, I'm sure the next one will work fine.

Back