Behringer xm1800s set

nolimore

What you think for the price? £29/$40

x3 dynamic mics

No XLR leads. Mic and stand clip, in a nice case.

Inferior? Adequate? I am home recordist, just starting out?

How would these be powered?

I am using them as drum mics (snare, toms) , recording guitar acoustic and amped and vocals. Not hard rock/metal.

Are they ok for these types of application?

Hey Nolimore

Here in the us that comes out to about $15. a microphone with the case and clips thrown in for free.

As a start up microphone collection these should be fine to learn your skills of recording but rest assured that you will be upgrading your microphones as your skills increase.

These microphones are dynamic microphones and will not need phantom power as do condenser microphones need but you will need an interface that has microphone preamps in it to go from analog to digital.

I am surprised no phantom power is used? How are the pickups in the microphone powered? Otherwise can I assume, they would need a battery?

I understand the preamp, increasing the amplitude of the signal at line level. I have a 1/4 Jack/usb audio interface made for guitars, with a builtin preamp at hi and lo setting (consumer and pro line output?) Maybe not the best for microphone, but will be interesting to see a mic go through this.

Thanks for this.

Nope the xm1800's are dynamic microphones and as with ALL dynamic microphones you do not need phantom power.
It's condenser microphones that require phantom power to operate.

Back