Behringer Vocalizer Pro?

rabiduz

Hey there all,

I just purchased a Roland VS-840 EX!
It will be arriving Saturday hopefully.

As of now I have a Marshall Mxl-2003 L/D Condensor Mic, and a Rolls Phantom Power Supply. I've been recording into a SoundBlaster 16 Pro on the P.C.(line-in... use my dj 2 channel mixer to boost signal) and the static/noise reduction I've had to do basically ruins the mic quality.

Now, what will i need with my 8tracker? I've not much knowledge on pre-amps, but this Vocalizer Pro seems to have "compression" too. Which i'm doing with Cool Edit after vocals are recorded. The Computer (P.c) isnt going to be an option any longer.

Throw in any help if you'd like. Thanks!!!! you guys are the greatest

The Vocalizer is a "channel strip" meaning that in addtion to being a preamp, it also has an EQ section and a compression section. It also has "tube emulation" and a de-esser.

I own one and have compared it to a few other mic pre's and for the low cost it is not a bad unit. It can be a little hard to master - since there are so many control functions to understand. Naturally it all depends on what you want/need. If you are looking primarily for a compressor, you would be better off buying a compressor.

There have been various discssions regarding the V2000 on this site - a search would give you more info.

You don't need the vocalizer. The VS has preamps and phantom power. The vocalizer may give you agreeable options for shaping your vocal sound (or any sound) but don't just buy it because, know what you want. Research more.

Back