Behringer Utragain Pro 8 problem

Jimmy2002

hey iv just bought a Behringer Utragain Pro 8 wierd up my equiptment:

Mics in to xlr conectors on front of Behringer Utragain Pro 8, wireing loom from xlr outputs on back of Behringer Utragain Pro 8 going to the 8 inputs on delta 10/10 then host cable to computer.

when i turned the delta10/10 and Behringer Utragain Pro 8 on when trying to record all i get is hiss and none of the mic signal i dont think its the delta beacuse i have used it before with a soundcraft mixer and it recorded fine any ideas. or is it just a faulty unit
many thanks jimmy

If this is the ADA 8000 you are talking about .... it doesn't pass the input to the output. You can get it to by looping the ADAT out to the ADAT in but that's some unnecessary A/D D/A conversion.
The ADA 8000 is best suited for expanding the I/O of a ADAT Lightpipe equipped interface.

Use a adat lightpipe/toslink optical cable and plug it in from the adat out to adat in ports on the Behringer. The ADA8000 will then pass the mic pre signal to the output and then to the delta 1010 inputs. There is some delay resulting from the ad/da conversion but it should be OK.

Yeah, that's the correct cable... I don't think you will need a 13 ft long one though.
There is no other way to wire the unit without opening it up and doing some soldering.

Delta 1010-AI

You could use a Delta 1010-AI to get ADAT optical info in and out of the 1010 interface. It's an add-on module for the 1010 that can be found on the used market. Using the 1010-AI would eliminate the ADA8000's 2 stages of A/D + D/A conversion & extra delay.

Ok let me ask this...
If I have a drum set mic'ed via the ada8000 and I run the cable from the adat in to the adat out, effectively being able to use the XLR's as pre's right? The next part is maybe a future prob... If those 8 are sent to a delta 1010 and I have a mixer feeding a second delta 1010 and through that one at the same time is vocals and bass and guitar. Will they match up in recording or will the one through the ada800 be slightly behind due to the delay?
Thanks

Back