Behringer UB802 to computer

HarryBalzonya

So i've ordered a Behringer UB802 mixer and a Behringer USB audio interface with inputs and outputs. I was wonder whats the best way to set this up? I want to be able to use an effects program on my computer for voice effects and have it send it back to the mixer or something like that. I'm new to all of this and this is my first mixer I've ordered, i will be using a shure 565sd mic with this set up. Also, one more question what are some good programs that will gimme effects like autotune etc, I have ubuntu 9.04 linux and i downloaded ubuntustudio which came with audacity, jack, bitmeter, echo mixer, jackbeat, virtual keyboard, synthesizer and a bunch of other stuff. anyway, i appreciate any and all help!

Hi!

I think the best way to connect it to the interface is using 2 pairs of RCA cables (those white and red). One pair you connect to the mixer output (above the CD/TAPE buttons) and into the interface input and the other pair you connect to the interface output and to the input in the mixer. Then you can connect a headphone to the phone output and monitor the processed sound.

Regarding the softwares, I don't use Linux, so I can't help you there.

Fergo

I'm using audacity, and i click on the meter and see it start bouncing around but only on one channel? then i record stuff on the microphone but it shows up as a small line on audacity when its usually really wavy and big. Is it supposed to stay low like this because the mixer is doing all the work?

Back