Behringer UB24424 FX

lilman42459

I need some help from a person that has some mixer knowledge. I'm really have problems with figuring some of the Mixers functions. I was curious as to what the Mode: Normal (Solo) Level Set (PFL) button does. If I push it in it's in the Level Set Mode. What does this have to do with the Solo button on the Channel? I'm confused.

Also, what is the fuction on the Direct Outputs when it has Main Outputs? The is 8 Direct Outputs. Left and Right outputs from Main. Which do I use to go to my recorder?

Here is a picture.

http://www.behringer.com/UB2442FX/index.cfm?lang=ENG

It has rear and front pictures to the left under photos.

I have a few more question but I'll knock these out when I get a response to these. Thanks for the help! I have been searching the net but not alot on mixer functions.

Hopefully I can help you out.

*Pushing SOLO on a channel will make that the only channel that you hear in the headphones and the only channel displayed by the ledmeters. If you solo several channels, you will hear only these channels.
*PFL stands for Pre Fader Listen. This means that when you push PFL on a channel, you will hear how that channel sounds through the headphones pre-fader meaning not affected by how high you have the fader set.
*Direct outputs usually mean a direct out of a single channel. Direct out 1 is the ouput of only channel one. These are used for sending every channel seperately to another board for a seperate mix or sometimes for multitrack recordings.

If I didn't answer your questons feel free to ask again.
-Rob

SamIam89 said:
Hopefully I can help you out.

*Pushing SOLO on a channel will make that the only channel that you hear in the headphones and the only channel displayed by the ledmeters. If you solo several channels, you will hear only these channels.
*PFL stands for Pre Fader Listen. This means that when you push PFL on a channel, you will hear how that channel sounds through the headphones pre-fader meaning not affected by how high you have the fader set.
*Direct outputs usually mean a direct out of a single channel. Direct out 1 is the ouput of only channel one. These are used for sending every channel seperately to another board for a seperate mix or sometimes for multitrack recordings.

If I didn't answer your questons feel free to ask again.
-Rob

I have the same mixer and Rob was absolute right. However as you already have seen does PFL on the behringer board only mean that you see the headphone channel displayed on the ledmeter. Indeed solo only works trough the headphones, then you only hear the channels selected.

If you have anymore question recarding the board. Feel free to ask.

Greetz,

Remco

Back