Behringer tube mics

My personal recommendation for an affordable tube condensor mic is the m-audio sputnik, although i haven't used the behringer mic's u listed, i have never been impressed with a single piece of behringer gear i have ever come across.

My personal recommendation for an affordable tube condensor mic is the m-audio sputnik, although i haven't used the behringer mic's u listed, i have never been impressed with a single piece of behringer gear i have ever come across.

I hear ya. The only gear I've liked from them so far has been the B5 condensors and the ecm8000. Actually, I've been hearing very good things about thei new line of mixers with the new Xenyx preamps.

That poses the question: "Can an old dog learn new tricks?" You'll just have to figure out whether there's actually some substance behind the hype created by these products.

Can't seem to find much useful info in any of the threads about these mics. I'm surprised at the silly debates about Behringer quality, etc. I would assume that most people here are familiar with the level of that brand and that a discussion about a new line of mics need not invite outpourings of general attack on the brand. Of course we assume these aren't top of the line, but has anyone actually seen one?

These mics are priced cheap, and people will probably buy them at some point. Personally, I wouldn't go for it because there are other mics out there close to the price that are well known on the inside.

But has anyone bought these? I'm curious to see what's on the inside...just not $150 curious.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-T47-Tube-Condenser-Mic?sku=582098

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-T1-Tube-Condenser-Mic?sku=582097

I'm surprised at the silly debates about Behringer quality, etc. I would assume that most people here are familiar with the level of that brand and that a discussion about a new line of mics need not invite outpourings of general attack on the brand.

Me too. It is so predictable, tedious and unhelpful. I wish people would give it a rest and just respond to the question if they have relevant information.

Then again why buy from a company that has a history of putting out products where you had to question the quality...in the end you allways get what you pay for.

Then again why buy from a company that has a history of putting out products where you had to question the quality...in the end you allways get what you pay for.

and the Japanese used to make shit cars....wonder what happened...oh yeah their quality improved..

learn a new trick fido

On the plus side, you can get the three or four products Behringer does make half-decent for pennies off of eBay, thanks to all the negative hype from Forums like this one :D. Oh, shit. I just spilled the beans :p.

The more expensive one is as expensive as a CAD M9 that definitely *is* a decent tube mic. I'd certainly be wary of mics from Behringer at that price until I'd seen lots and lots of good reviews by people I trust.

I picked up a Behringer T-1 today.
Preliminary testing says that it's actually pretty good but I won't be able to spend some real time on it today.
I like the Behringer small condensers but so far, have not been impressed by either of the large condensers. Too bright. I'm not hearing that in the T-1.

We'll see.
I'm of an open mind.

Edit:
Came back to it tonight and tried it on a few pieces of gear.
The hiss has started to fade.
I straightened out the power chord which was tightly coiled and am currently burning the valve in.
Hadn't even thought of the latter until I heard the marked improvement tonight.
Not to prejudge at all but I think it's safe to say that I won't be returning this one.

Last edited:
I hear ya. The only gear I've liked from them so far has been the B5 condensors and the ecm8000. Actually, I've been hearing very good things about thei new line of mixers with the new Xenyx preamps.

I can confirm for you that the xenyx mixers are horrible - that is unless they have upgraded them since i last used them?
Mines was the xenyx 2442 or something like that, ( went on to get a steinberg mr816 later ... the difference is unbelievable )

When i first started getting into recording... year and a half to 2 years ago i looked up some reviews and the hype arround them seemed good, However they are very noisy when pushed past 30-40dbs of gain and most of the digital effects are useless, and i would suspect even in a live setting.

Maybe its just bad operating skills on my behalf haha

cheers,
matt

Let's not turn this into another Beri Bashing thread.
The subject is "Behringer Tube Mics".
Nothing at all to do with mixers.

Maybe its just bad operating skills on my behalf haha
Given that I have the Xenyx 1204 FX and love it, you may be right.

Let's not turn this into another Beri Bashing thread.
The subject is "Behringer Tube Mics".
Nothing at all to do with mixers.

Given that I have the Xenyx 1204 FX and love it, you may be right.

Aye sorry mate wasn't trying to slate behringer, im sure they do make some decent products - I just didn't connect with this one clearly.

Are you going to post some samples of the T1 up once you test it more thoroughly?

Cheers,
matt

Well, for what it's worth.
A vocal rendition from about 10 to 12 inches away.
Give it a listen and let me know what you hear.
I've had the tube burning in for 24 hrs now and I'll give it the same again.
I love the tone, by the way but I am severely plugged up in the sinuses right now so please forgive.

MixcraftLive: home
I haven't looked under the hood.
How would I go about that?

Back