Behringer Truth 2031A Monitors

BlindCowboy

So,

I had a couple of gift certificates and need a new pair of monitors. I read the reviews on the old 2031 monitors and noticed that Behringer was releasing the 2031A monitors. $299 later, and i've got a pair on order.

Problem: I've never heard these monitors. I don't think anyone has because they're not shipping until 6-4. Behringer did, however, have them at NAMM and several other shows. Has anyone here had the opportunity to hear them?

If not, then what are your opinions on the 2031s?

I'll post a review after I receive them.

They don't sound half bad for the money. You will need to trim the Highs down by -2db. I just bought a pair of KRK RP8's which are more true, but they cost 200.00 more. You should be happy with the Behringers.

I think they're one of the very few worthwhile Behringer products.

They're not going to blow you away, but for $300 you're getting a powered monitor with 8" woofer.

You should be able to find a use for them, they're fairly easy to learn, they make a great second set of monitors . . . perhaps even an only set if it's all you can afford.

MichaelM said:
What about the Fostex PM-0.5 (5") or PM-1 (6.5")? I am kinda looking at monitors but am poor (and I mean uni student poor :) ). The 5" ones are selling from Pro Audio for AU$549 at the moment. Thats around US$380. The Behringer B2031 are selling at Music Lab for AU$679.

The Fostex's are a very nice way to go. I preferred them to a pair of M-Audio BX5's, and based on hearing commercial CD's played through them, as well as my own stuff, the PM05's are a great buy. You will not get deep bass with them. But, in my view, you will get very uncolored, unhyped sound from 50hz on up...

Fostex has been making speaker drivers for about 50 years, so they should know what they're doing.

Hey thanks mate, I just emailed pro audio to see what they do the 6.5" Fostex monitors for. It will probably be more than what I'm willing to spend but I thought I'd check it out. They guy who runs the store where I bought my mixer said the 05s sound very nice too. Anything's gotta be better than trying to mix using a combination of Audio Technica headphones and my crappy computer speakers!

MichaelM said:
Hey thanks mate, I just emailed pro audio to see what they do the 6.5" Fostex monitors for. It will probably be more than what I'm willing to spend but I thought I'd check it out. They guy who runs the store where I bought my mixer said the 05s sound very nice too. Anything's gotta be better than trying to mix using a combination of Audio Technica headphones and my crappy computer speakers!

Good on ya! Future Music magazine, out of the UK did a full review of the PM1.0's I believe they put them on the top of the budget monitor heap. Again, don't expect big bass below 45hz.

deepwater said:
I'd look very hard at the KRK RP8's. Best monitor for under a $1000.00 and only cost $500.00us

I bought a pair of the RP-5s yesterday for under five hundred canadian. They sound much better than the other ones in that price range.

Back