Behringer Truth 2031 vs. Behringer Truth 2031A

something cool

So, what exactly is the difference? Looking through the specs on them on Zzounds, the only difference between them I see is that the 2031As have a lower input impedence.

Taking a look at the description both there and at Behringer's official website, I've found out that the 2031As are "substantially improved" ... but not really anything about why that's so.

Anyways, I guess my question is simply, are the 2031As really worth the extra $70?

Hmm.... I guess the A's are just a later revision of the model. At first I thought it would mean Active vs passive, but looking at the info about em, it appears both are passive. Not sure how much better the 2031A would be, but in that price range, personally I'd probably go for something like the wharfdale's or krk's or something.... People tend to stay away from the behringers, especially when there are more popular options around that price range.

Both are active 150w+75w each. The Only real diferrance is B2031 has 8 3/4" Polycarbonate woofer (@20Kohm, and B2031 has 8 3/4" Polypropylene woofer (@10kOhm) that Behringer lists as Ultra High Resolution (Yet the frequencie response for both speakers are listed as 50hz-21khz...Doesn't sound ULTRA to me). I have a pair of the B2031 that I use as my "Loud as Hell" speakers (And at 450 watts total, they are "Loud As Hell"). But for serious monitoring, I would look elsewhere. I have become partial to the sound of the Event TR8 XL's (Also "Loud As Hell").

Thanks for the response guys.

Monitors in this price range (applies to any piece of equipment, really) come in and go out of style around here depending on who's posting on the boards. Just a few months ago, Behringer Truths were all the rage around here for sub-$300 monitors, now they're out. I liked the pair I listened to (a pair of 2030A's), they sounded a lot better than the similarly-priced Tapcos I was A-B'ing them against. I'm actually looking at getting a pair of Alesis M1s, but keeping the Behringers in mind if that doesn't pan out. Thanks again.

If you like how they sound and they give you the audio info. you need to make accurate decions and your work translates well to other systems ... then they're good monitors.

For whatever odd reason, I find the Truths to be less fatiguing than other monitors I've used, and for that reason I will often use them for longer mixing sessions. Also, the "Ass Loud" factor is great for playback when dealing with types of music genres.

chessrock said:
If you like how they sound and they give you the audio info. you need to make accurate decions and your work translates well to other systems ... then they're good monitors.

For whatever odd reason, I find the Truths to be less fatiguing than other monitors I've used, and for that reason I will often use them for longer mixing sessions. Also, the "Ass Loud" factor is great for playback when dealing with types of music genres.

I like how you explain things Chessrock, I find myself often monitoring your threads!! :)
I have the 2031P (P for Passive), and they actually perform like hi-powered HIFI speakers, when required!!
As close-range (near-field) monitors, my mixes appear to have improved too!!
They're great, and it's true, not as 'fatiguing' as a lot of other monitors of the same price range!!
Regards,
Superspit.

I picked up some B2031P Passive for $129.00 new.
I figured if they sounded like crap I would just hook them up to the stereo / DVD player and just use them for watching movies.

They never left the basement studio. Low end sounds. And like others said I can mix for long periods of time without ear fatigue.

something cool said:
So, what exactly is the difference? Looking through the specs on them on Zzounds, the only difference between them I see is that the 2031As have a lower input impedence.

Taking a look at the description both there and at Behringer's official website, I've found out that the 2031As are "substantially improved" ... but not really anything about why that's so.

Anyways, I guess my question is simply, are the 2031As really worth the extra $70?

oh, by the way..the extra $70.00 is for the 'A' (Active) version's on-board monitor amplifier!! The 'P' (Passive) version (whether you discuss the 2030 or 2031 range) is externally powered, via your amp.......just so we're on the same page(?).
Regards............

Back