Behringer MX 1804X , rotating panel???

mknight

Im wondering if anyone knows what the "rotating panel" feature is , as advertized on the product page: http://www.behringer.de/eng/products/eurorack/mx1804x.htm )(see icon list at the bottom of the page) on the Behringer MX 1804 mixer. I just bought one and the manual doesnt discuss it.....the only thing I found was another page defining the Behringer icons: http://www.behringer.de/eng/misc/icons.htm#rotating_paneland it refers to a tilting interface panel....anyone know anything about this feature????? Mike

i would say this is the backing plate of the mixer .. I havent seen that particular one , though my 2642A has this. Its so the unit can be rack mounted vertically or horizontaly.. It has all the xlr and jacks on it .. It can either be placed on the back (as if desk was lieing down) of the desk or on the bottom , depending on how you want to mount it.. I hope thats what there on about anyway.. A good idea though u dont want to be changing it a lot as sooner or later u will no longer be able to unscrew the screws.. there very small and very easily stripped.. Anyway , hope that helps...
spider

Thanks Spider...one more ques..

Thanks Spider...i didnt want to go losening screws until i knew which ones.....what I really would like to do is have the backpanel facing up with everything accessable from the top....I have the mixer laying almost flat, (I will email you a pic of the setup..when the pic was taken I was using a 1604 tho, but I think you will see what Im after here)By the way the rack mount unit has been moved, so there is plenty of room for the backpanel of my 1804 to swing up if that's what it does.....Thanks for your interest....Michael

well i see what your meaning , and no it doesnt do this ..
I emailed u a pic , see how mine is angled well that has the backing plate on the back.. The other way to mount it , say in adesktop unit , is upright ..in which case you remove the backing plate and also another one (just blank , no plugs) and swap them round .. They are exactly the same size. It just makes your cables more accesable from the back. i would honestly put it at least on a slight angle , not directly flat , otherwise because of the way your desk is , the cables will be facing slightly down .. U could always use a patchbay .. that might be an idea.. Anyway good luck ..
spider

Back