Behringer Eurorack UB1204FX PRO vs. Behringer Eurorack MX1604A

Gibrill

Hey guys,

I have a big dilemma. I now own a Behringer Eurorack UB1204FX PRO which I use in my home studio setup. I am ok with it but I want to go a little further and improve what I have. I don't have the money for 500-600-1000$ mixer but I got a price for a new Behringer Eurorack MX1604A: 120 eur...the owner says it's a deal. I don't know what to say about the "deal" part so this is why I need advice.

Can you tell if THAT is a good price for that mixer and if it is better in terms of recording quality than what I now have.

Thanks in advance.

As a deal it's mediocre at best.

As an improvement on what you have, I wouldn't anticipate any change at all. The Euroracks are all very similar.

Sorry, but if you're looking to improve audio quality you'll have to save your pennies and spend a bit more--you need to be looking for brands like Soundcraft or Allen and Heath. Even second hand, these will set you back more money--but the good news is that they will also hold their value for years.

Well, the quality is probably going to be about the same. The major difference is that you'll be losing the effects built into the board you have, plus the usb connectivity. Perhaps you don't use either of these features of your current setup, so it may not be much of a loss in those terms, but you really won't be gaining anything. There are a couple of ways you could go here, depending on what you record. What and how you record will determine what would work best for you.

So, what are you recording? Is it just you, you and a friend, a whole band playing live? How many channels of live mixing do you need? Do you already have another interface, or are you using the usb of that board? Need to know your setup to help.

Back