Behringer Eurorack/Oktava Mic issues and questions

balwan

Hi,

I'm very new to recording and have some basic questions, and couldn't find any answers searching the forum.

1) Is it normal with the Eurorack mixers, when you switch the phantom power off, that it continues to be powered on and slowly goes off after a few minutes? Or should it switch off the moment you hit the power button?

2) When I have my Oktava condensor mics connected to the mixer, and monitor through the mixer direct, I am hearing what sounds like wind blowing into the mics, but of course there is no wind in the room! Anyone ever get this issue?

Thanks for any help!

balwan said:
Hi,

I'm very new to recording and have some basic questions, and couldn't find any answers searching the forum.

1) Is it normal with the Eurorack mixers, when you switch the phantom power off, that it continues to be powered on and slowly goes off after a few minutes? Or should it switch off the moment you hit the power button?

If you read the manual it explains that you should give it time to turn it off and on. My ub1202 takes about a minute for the light to go completely off, your just supposed to wait then and not unplug it (i think that can actually damage it or something.) I dont know about the wind noise, could just be because they are noisy pre-amps or the high on the eq is set too high up or something.

Back