Behringer DSP2024P Virtualizer Pro Digital Effects Processor????

kevinfellows85

Im looking for an effects processor mainly for vocals (live)... but if i can bring it in the studio that will be great...
ive looked at a few and came across this one - "Behringer DSP2024P Virtualizer Pro Digital Effects Processor" is it any good... or is it just a wast of time... my buget is very tight... so is it worth my while

Also.. umm if anyone has had experence with this product please could u tell me the ins and outs... oh and does it have a footswitch for changeing effects? that would really help if it did...

thank u for your time... :)

I have one of these that sees light use at live gigs only. I would not use it in a studio setting unless i really had to.
My unit has worked great for over 2 years now and i have not had any issues with it whatsoever. But i think that many people agree with me here when i say that there are a lot of better effect units out there... try and stay away from behringer if possible. My unit is somewhat noisy in some modes, and it has a small bit of internal noise from the cheapo A/D and D/A converters. The processing and effects are actually quite good and usable for the most part (although some modes just leave you thinking "Uli Behringer must be on some serious german crack if he thinks anyone will ever use this ungodly 'effect' ") If it wasn't for the crappy A/D and D/A converters, this unit would see some more work from me. and no, it doesn't come with anything useful at all, except for a pic of Uli to throw some darts at.

I havent used the midi aspect of it, but i assume you could use a footcontroller or a midi sequence program to control what presets are brought up and which effects can be manipulated.
not quite 'extensive,' but at least it has midi

JazzMang said:
(although some modes just leave you thinking "Uli Behringer must be on some serious german crack if he thinks anyone will ever use this ungodly 'effect' ") If it wasn't for the crappy A/D and D/A converters, this unit would see some more work from me. and no, it doesn't come with anything useful at all, except for a pic of Uli to throw some darts at.

:eek: I also own one. Purchased new while under the influence of fresh money, strange town, new music store, etc. Thought,"What the hay? Behringer is an old trusted name right?" It gets very low use on my electric violin across the stage when I want a huge trashy delay. Other than that I gotta agree with JazzMang.

------------------------------------------------
Perfect ebay search looks like this -
-behringer , Pro Audio

Some of the more useful effects on the unit are the ultramizer (which is Uli-speak for a multiband compressor/limiter), a surprising number of phaser and tremolo effects (there are 3 of each: analog, classic, and vintage or something like that), and some of the delay and reverb effects are pretty good... but like I said before, the A/D converters are big time suck.

I disagree about the ad. I have A/B the bypass on the unit with the bypass on my preamp and it is EXACTLY the same. IF the AD/DA was bad you would instantly hear it.

the background hiss and noise is more prevalent on my unit in some modes more than others. But overall... still doesn't ooze quality... this was one of the first FX units i ever bought. It wasn't bad for the money... but there are many better things out there.

I won't use mine in the studio either. Every algorithm is noisy. Agreed some of the effects are nice & can be used live w/guitar etc. but you immediately hear the hiss kick in as the effect ramps up, and as soon as the input is completely gone the noise diminshes too. ACK!

You know, if they fixed the issues with the D/A converters and the DSP noise (and behringer's rep for screwing over customers when it comes to warranty work), the unit would actually be quite good.... unfortunately, fixing all these problems is a little beyond the scope of behringer's 'support'.

What deepwater said.

The major probs with Beh's dsp's from the Virtualizer Pro 1000 to the 2024P (besides inherent noise factor), is the lack of adequate tweaking of effects.
The 2024P's effect parameters (specifically on 'Verbs) can only be adj'd in .5 increments, which prevents user from getting that "right sound/fine-tuned" effect during tracking or mixdown in the studio (though less important in a during "live" situations).
Chk out a TC M300 or Lex MPX2/500. The units will are better in dependabilty, perf and value.

Thanks guys for your advise....
Tho i did end up buying one in the end. I see what you all mean about the noise... its ok.. i just needed a quick and cheep way to add delay to vocals during my live performances... (our old mixer amp with delay built in blew up so we got a new power amp and are useing my home studio mixer.)
Well ive got it now... and its there for a while if i ever need it for anything else.... thanks once again :)

Back