Behringer DSP1424P Ultramizer Pro

Apple

I just used this piece of equipment for mix down and I just wanted to say that I was rather suprised that it did what it was supposed to do. And It didn't cost much. I was considering having my latest recording professionally mastered and I happened onto this and tried it out. I followed the instructions-which is use the device sparingly- and I got a copy that was louder and brighter. I'm sure it's not as good a properly mastered recording but again, I was very pleased. Any one else have a good experience with this unit? I felt compelled to pass this on because I've wanted this capability for a long time and I know a lot others do to. This unit advertises itself as multiband-only 2-and again, I was very sceptical. Having used this, I can only wonder what is going to follow in the market. Keep in mind, I've only used it on one recording.

I will let you know next week. I've just bought one of these and Im gonna play with it this weekend. I hope it'll do the job for me too.

fingers crossed

I have to get a compressor and was looking at this one, I'd like to see anyones toughts on it if anyones used it :)

- idgeit

is this like a finalizer?

I am very interested in this. I am getting close to having really good mixes and I might not even need mastering if I can just get that extra gain and sonic characteristic I am looking for.

Apple said:
I just used this piece of equipment for mix down and I just wanted to say that I was rather suprised that it did what it was supposed to do. And It didn't cost much.
I've heard this piece of "gear" before and I disagree -- there's no other words for it other than completely awful - although useless, muddy, murky, trashy also apply rather well.

It's a piece of absolute junk, in my opinion.

Its powerful new DSP engine lets you add multi-band, program-adaptive compression and limiting for both low and high frequencies while at the same time remaining absolutely "inaudible".
It's one of the pieces that helped me come up with one of my "signature" gear nicknames...

"Maul-the-Band compression"

Behringer's propoganda said:
Its powerful new DSP engine lets you add multi-band, program-adaptive compression and limiting for both low and high frequencies while at the same time remaining absolutely "inaudible".
They apparently have a different definition of the word "inaudible" compared to the rest of the audio community!

Man, you guys are going to be eating your words if that red-hair Judas Priest guy (with the Tube Ultragains in his rack) likes this thing.

Behringer

I hav'nt been here in a while.
The point is this dude has already bought it and likes it. You have 20 people and 20 opinions . Use it, learn from it and grow . I've seen behringer take a beating on a lot of different things but just because there cheaper does'nt make it junk. Mackie had them in a law suit because they copied some of there speakers and sold them for a fraction of the cost. The v amp vs. line 6 pod is a good argument it does as good of a job to most people but if not the differents in price alone makes it a better product . I started to get one of these units my self but didn't and I wonder how it works. So thanks for the testemony.

Whew! It's been awhile since I've been in the forum and it's good to see things haven't changed much!

Now we need a new lava-lamp suggestion thread and I'll be bouncing off the walls!

Seriously though.. one cannot simply cowbell his way to a decent master.

//AdrianFly

Whew! It's been awhile since I've been in the forum and it's good to see things haven't changed much!

Now we need a new lava-lamp suggestion thread and I'll be bouncing off the walls!

Seriously though.. one cannot simply cowbell his way to a decent master.

Damn old ass threads....and damn repeat posts too!

//AdrianFly

Back