Behringer BCF2000 + EZDrummer?

Will_R

Bass player, apparently
Im looking at buying the behringer BCF2000, so i have a bit more control without having to use the mouse.

I can see the main use of it being to control the levels when im mixing down. But we record the majority of our drum parts through an e-drum and use EZDrummer to make it sound half decent.

Is it possible to set the BCF2000 so that each slider controls a slider on the EZDrummer mixer, or so that it controls the mixer without the mixer window being open?

Cheers!

-Will

Is it possible to set the BCF2000 so that each slider controls a slider on the EZDrummer mixer, or so that it controls the mixer without the mixer window being open?

You can get this information out of your EZDrummer manual. If it shows a midi continuous controller number for each of the individual drum faders then it will be easy to interface a BCF2000 with the software in the way you describe.

If no continuous controller data is specified in the EZDrummer manual you may still be able to control the levels of the individual drums using System Exclusive commands, but you will need to do some digging in the manual and some programming of the BCF2000 to match the System Exclusive commands as those usually cannot be changed in the software. There may even be a template available for this on some forum somewhere.

As far as controlling the mixer without the window being open this requires a host which allows midi data to be passed thru to a plugin on a per-channel basis. Ideally you should be able to designate a midi channel for the plug in, match the BCF2000 to that channel and it won't matter if the window is open or closed.

Cheers!

-Will

I don't believe it will work that way. You can however have your mics set up for each track and control the volume using the Sonar slider. In fact when used in 8-channel mode, the EZDrummer mixer becomes pretty useless.

Sonar slider? Im guessing thats in Sonar? Im using cubase, i wonder if there is any similar way to set it up like that?

Yeah, same difference. When you first open EZDrummer, assign the multi-track output. This automatically opens 8 audio tracks, one for each virtual ezdrummer mic. When you get the Behringer working in Cubase it will control the level of each track.

Ez-Drummer MultiTrack setup -taketrough

A description for how to make your EZ-Drum play in multitrack.

Contact me pax.greger@googlemail.com and i send you this PDF file...
It is to big to post here, 3 pictures to explain where to make the changes.

And for you all to make BCF2000 work with EZ-Drummer is not a problem.

Put all your drumfiles to the top of your list, and it will be the first 8 channels to use.

Remember to download the Cubase files from Behringer website, and set Cubase to receive from BCF2000. = No problem...

You can have as much as 32 channel controll with BCF2000.
I use it, untill LOTTO make it possible to buy Tascam DM-4800

Regards to you all...
Nice site:D

Welcome to the board, one bit of advice though.. Check the dates of the threads you are replying to. Note that the last post here was Oct 2007

Back