Behringer Bass Amps

IndustrialOkie

Esoteric Order of R'lyeh
Need a cheap bass amp- I know Behringer can be spotty, but does anyone have any experience with their bass amps? Thanks.

no, but are you looking for combo amp or an amp head? for just a bit more, the gallien krueger backline heads are pretty awesome. i've got a GK backline 600 (300 watt solid state) that i think cost me 350 or 400 back like, 3-4 years ago...so i'm sure they're cheaper now perhaps. great head, powers a 4x15 sunn cab i've got

no, but are you looking for combo amp or an amp head? for just a bit more, the gallien krueger backline heads are pretty awesome. i've got a GK backline 600 (300 watt solid state) that i think cost me 350 or 400 back like, 3-4 years ago...so i'm sure they're cheaper now perhaps. great head, powers a 4x15 sunn cab i've got

I saw a behri bass amp head for like 100-150$ and while it may have been a behiringer (couldn't have been the best tone) it still would have made a cool first bass amp head.

I'm genuinely curious about it's tone. I suppose it wouldn't matter much in a mix but sitll....

As a cheap bass amp the Behringer will sound fine, I just would not crank it up too loud in a live situation. I recently recorded a session with a bass player who had a Behringer combo, when he plugged in it sounded awful, but I set it up for him and his jaw dropped coz it sounded very good, so you need to set it up properly (which so many players don't know how to do).

For the record I am a gallien krueger fan and if you have enough money get one. However the cheaper back line series don't sound as good as the top of the range stuff (as it should be). My rig is a 800RB head (no longer current), 2 x EV TL 15" boxes, and 1 x 2 10" lorenz box (live) and the Gallien and 1 x EV 15" in the studio.

Cheers
Alan.

Back