Behringer B1 microphone for podcasts?

dondave1337

Hello there!
First of all, my English is actually not perfect because my native language is the Hungarian.

So, I'm going to buy a Behringer B1 condenser microphone with a Behringer Xenyx Q502USB mixer.

I listened to sound samples what recorded with the B1 but I think that those samples was recorded in a quiet studio. And that's my problem. I want to use the microphone in my room what is not noisy, but my computer has an ambient noise. Not loud, but lots of microphone picks up. So, what do you think, my computer's ambient noise will be noticeable in a podcast if I use the Behringer B1? And what do you think about the Xenyx 502 mixer?

Thanks for the replies in advance,
Daniel

Hi,
It really just depends how loud the computer is, but my general rule is this. If you can hear it, the mic can hear it!

The main thing to do is to reduce or remove the noise somehow, but if you really can't do that you'd be better off with a dynamic mic that you get get very close to, or a headset mic.

Hi,
It really just depends how loud the computer is, but my general rule is this. If you can hear it, the mic can hear it!

The main thing to do is to reduce or remove the noise somehow, but if you really can't do that you'd be better off with a dynamic mic that you get get very close to, or a headset mic.

To be honest, I used a lot of headset microphones, but they at all not good in my opinion. Can you recommend me a dynamic microphone under $125-130?

Back