behringer ada8000 Trouble

wang191

I bought the 8 channel preamp A/D unit from behringer.
I connected it to the digi001 and I'm haveing lots of trouble getting it to work.

I have tried to put it on adat sync and then put protools on adat and internal clock and it didnt work.

Then i put it on 48khz master and then put protools to Adat and i'm getting lots of clicks but no sound.

Is there a setting I'm missing?

Does the 001 have wordclock out?

If so I'd run a BNC cable from the 001's WC out to the WC in on the ADA-8000 and have it be the slave, I use one with a MOTU 828mkII this way and have no issues.

:)

No luck. Digi doesnt have a word clock output on it.
I'm stuck with lightpipe and it seems to be a no go.

Ideas appreciated.

wang191 said:
Then i put it on 48khz master and then put protools to Adat and i'm getting lots of clicks but no sound.

This is correct, it should work, provided your hardware is working correctly and you have everything else hooked up right. Have you tried using 44.1kHz on your ADA?. I use a M-Audio Octane into a 002R and I have the clocks on the two pieces set as you described above.
Good luck

It maybe the PCI card portion of the Digi 001. My PCI card went bad and I opted to participate in the Digidesign exchange program and get a 002R instead. You may be in the same boat, time to get rid of the 001.

I cant get rid of it....well i can but I cant shell out the money on my own. It's school equipment and i need to submit a budget for it. Damn. I with i didnt have to go behringer but for the price it was my best option. I guess i need to try and spend a little more time with it.

It sucks because i have 5 bands lined up in january. I may have to take apart my home studio and bring my shit down to school to record these bands.

A simple test:-

Link the two ADAT sockets out-in, does the input on each channel appear on its corresponding analogue output? If it does the Berry unit should be OK.

Tony

wang191 said:
I bought the 8 channel preamp A/D unit from behringer.
I connected it to the digi001 and I'm haveing lots of trouble getting it to work.

I have tried to put it on adat sync and then put protools on adat and internal clock and it didnt work.

Is there a setting I'm missing?

Are there any more clock / sync options? Sounds like this is the problem?

War

I'll give this stuff a shot when i get back down to the studio the begining of next week.

I'm thinking it's going to be a setting that's the problem. I think I may be missing a setting in protools that makes it the slave. I'm not exactly what settings should be where in protools. I mean the behringer only has 4 possible settings, one of which i cant use (bnc word clock). So that leaves 3. So it must be a setting in the software.

wang191 said:
I'll give this stuff a shot when i get back down to the studio the begining of next week.

I'm thinking it's going to be a setting that's the problem. I think I may be missing a setting in protools that makes it the slave. I'm not exactly what settings should be where in protools. I mean the behringer only has 4 possible settings, one of which i cant use (bnc word clock). So that leaves 3. So it must be a setting in the software.
Open up Pro Tools go in to Setups then to Hardware Setup. Set the clock from enternal to Adat and set the sample rate to match the berhinger then in the same window labeled Digital Input put a tick in the box that says adat. This will sync pro tools to your behringer. Now the Behringer is your master clock so whenever you setup a session and choose your sample rate it must match the behringers or else you will get nothing but pops and clicks. I hope this helps.

Peace Eddie

Last edited:
Back