Behringer ADA8000 into Yamaha AW4416

GABritton

Pardon me for sounding dumb...I just received my Behringer ADA8000 yesterday ready to go into my Yamaha AW4416 w/ an my8-at adat card. I was wondering how to handle the master/slave issue. I will be running at 44.1khz. I've heard good and bad on setting the ADA8000 as the master and letting the AW416 be the slave, but that seems kind of weird. I've seen a few people talk about plugging this unit to other gear like the MOTU, but i'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with this setup and any pitfalls to avoid. Thanks guys!!

I have an ADA8000 and it works fine with everything (ADAT) regardless of whether it is slave or master. As long as they both are set to the same sample rate, (44.1or 48), things work fine. The clock only serves to keep two units synchronized (communicating) as far as sending and receiving millions of samples.

For simplicity, I usually always set the "sending" gear to be the Master and the "receiving" gear to be the Slave. Of course, it will work with the opposite settings but I can't see any advantage.

Does anyone else know of any reasons for doing it the opposite way?

Back