Behringer 602A (Phantom power issue)

shadow5606

I know, not many of you folks like Behringer mixers.... but mine works for what I do. It's a little 602A.

I've heard others say that once you fire up the phantom power that it won't shut itself off. So you have to unplug the board, turn off the phantom.

I've never tried it but it could just be that the phantom LED indicator stays on & the actual power is cut off... hmm..

Anyone know of any fixes for this?

Also, since I have to yank the cable to turn off the phantom, is this as bad on my condensor as unplugging it w/ phantom on??

The power does switch off, it is just the phantom power supply capacitors that take a few minutes to fully discharge.

Tony

I like the way it actually takes a while for the light to go off, it made(i dont have this mixer any longer) me less tempted to disconnect the condensor before it was ready. Condensors need their time to die, so remember to love that feature.

i was a little curiosu about that myself. never taken the time to let the circuit wind down. perhaps i will do so next time.

Same advice as everyone else - I have one, although I don't use it anymore - the phantom power takes a while, but it does go off, and it's not a bad thing...

My experience is that the phantom power expires fairly quickly, however the light stays on for quite awhile

Back