Behringer 1622 question!!!

Yung Zig

ive been expirementing with this for a couple weeks now and cant get the sound i want. I rap n record a couple singers. can any body give me some pointers or settings? thank u!

Gain-
High-
Mid-
Freq-
Low-

Ive been messing around with it but cant get it. Would u be able to tell me the range of wat these settings would be for rap/singing vocals. Mine sound muddy and fat. i want to get the crisp and as clean as possible.

Ive been messing around with it but cant get it. Would u be able to tell me the range of wat these settings would be for rap/singing vocals. Mine sound muddy and fat. i want to get the crisp and as clean as possible.

Start with the basics. What mic are you using? How close are you? What preamp are you using (less important)? Those three things determine the initial tone of the recording and place limits on what you can get out of it later in the process.

"Muddy and fat" sounds to me like you are right on the mic. Most microphones will have a significant bass boost when used close to the source. Maybe try backing off 6" and compare the tone.

Im using a AKG Perception 220. i have a lambda interface thats not hooked up. i wasnt sure if i should still use it after i got the mixer because the converters are the pretty much the same.

Back