Behr ADA8000 problem

guitarfreak12

I am trying to use my adat i/o for my digi 002 and use the direct outputs on the back for heaphone mixes, but nothing comes out of the direct outputs? I don't see anything in the way of switches that would change anything and I tried unhooking the adat out and just using the outputs and it still didn't work.

guitarfreak12 said:
I am trying to use my adat i/o for my digi 002 and use the direct outputs on the back for heaphone mixes, but nothing comes out of the direct outputs? I don't see anything in the way of switches that would change anything and I tried unhooking the adat out and just using the outputs and it still didn't work.

The internal routing of the ADA8000 looks like this:
Analog Input -> ADAT Output
ADAT Input -> Analog Output

There is no way to change this, it is what it is.
Now, theoretically, you should be able to hook the ADAT Output to the ADAT Input, and then you'll be able to go from Analog Input -> Analog Output. I haven't actually tried that, but doesn't sound like what you're trying to do.

You'll have to use some outputs from the Digi002 for headphone outputs.

There's no way to get the Analog Ins on the Behringer to route to both Digital & Analog Outs at the same time.

are you setting the output on the track to ADAT #__?

i dont think you can do it then.
behri makes a great headphone amp, i havent had any problems with it yet.

guitarfreak12 said:
Does that exist?

I'm not even sure what he means by that. What would you "Y" and where?
Oh, do you mean take the ADAT Output of the Behringer and "Y" that to the ADAT Input of the Behringer for use for the Analog Out, but have the other leg go directly to the Digi002 IN?
I don't think anything like that exists or could work. But I could be wrong.
Why not just get a headphone feed off the 002?

So Solly, guitfreak. No can do. He is joking about the ADAT "Y" cable. The ADA8000 can be used for 8 analog outs by connecting ADAT out to ADAT in. Or... it can be used for 8 digital channels out by ADAT, but...not at the same time. It is a pretty good box for the price, though. It has come in handy for me a couple of times. OK- how many distinct and separate headphone mixes are you trying to build? Hint- you are going to need a headphone distribution amp.-Richie

A Toslink splitter will provide two adat feeds from the Adat out, one for the digi and one for the behringer Adat in.

ok, well, I need 4 mixes. I'm using my mackie's subs for that. with my equipment it's better to use that. I just want really flexible hp mixes. I have two more questions and I guess you can't answer it unless you use protools. I unhooked either of my adat cables for my 002, and the inputs into PT doesn't work unless both are plugged in...why?
Second question, if I can somehow configure a master fader in PT to send out through adat it'd solve this. But if that can't be done.
What about busses? Say I want to take each individual track and send it to two specific outputs. Say like 4 "banks" of buses. IF that makes sense. I want to send an audio channel thru the main stereo master and any other output I have on the digi.. The problem with that is that I see only buses and stereo out in the options. Again if that makes sense. I tried setting up my buses in setup>I/O but couldn't figure out how to make those buses go where I wanted them. I am new to buses in a DAW so please e specific. Thanks

Sorry, I was kidding about the "y" cable. There is some hardware on the market that will allow this, but it is not that cost effective either.

xstatic said:
Sorry, I was kidding about the "y" cable. There is some hardware on the market that will allow this, but it is not that cost effective either.

ooohhhh....I get jokes :)

Nice.

Back