behemoth vocal effect

I don't know about Behemoth, but I know Glen from Vital Remains actually roars that low, and then layers another, high vocal over top. But live, he's that low, and another guy does the higher scream.

some guys can hit it that low...but not a whole lot.

what i've done before is take the original scream...pitch-shift it down (sometimes pitching it down in musical increments like down a 5th, or a 3rd, or an octave), and bringing that up underneath the original.

I know that it's possible to sing as low as that (thinking about dying fetus, that was real low), but this sound is no way human. His voice is different in other cds.

That's death metal vocals, they just sing differently and it sounds like that. I have been to death metal shows and they sing like that live. I bet they did some work in the studio but if you ever walk up to a PA system microphone and start growling into it you can almost emulate that same sound once you get the hang of it.

I am currently working with a band called Anthrophobia. Vocals are similar, it's basically just his voice with a ton of distortion and a mic that is geared toward midrange. I wouldn't use a Neumann U87 for example. Sounds like there might be some additional filtering in your example.

just demoed an old steinberg voice machine vst, there was the effect "soar throat" in the preset, its about the base of this sound, Used it with my singer screaming, sounds HUGE! :D

Back