Beg & Heal (mastered)

andrushkiwt

Hey, this is an older song I remixed and sent off for mastering to Abbey Road Online Mastering. This is the final copy I received. It was written, performed, recorded, and mixed in my home studio (with the help of many here over the years). If interested, it should be played on 800AM CKLW Detroit or through the iheartradio app/site at www.iheartradio.ca/am800 on 2/24/24 between 10-11PM EST.

I am wondering if anyone hears anything that could use adjustment or tweaks to their ears regarding the mix. Most of the bus compression and overall level was applied by the mastering engineer; but things I can control (tones, panning, FX), I am always up for listening to critiques. (I'm not sure if Soundcloud is applying additional compression... I think it's likely they are)

thanks!

I liked it! Nothing to add as far as mix/mastering - sounds quite professional (and not really my thing), so at this point I think it gets very much into subjective territory.

Can't be sure about whether it's compressed, because I know you can upload non-lossy, and when I look at a [non-lossy] track in the edit screen on my SC account, it shows "HD," but I think you only get to *listen* in HD if you've got some kind of paid account. (Even though I have what I think is an old, "grandfathered," paid account that allows me to update my uploaded tracks - I don't see any "HD" when I look at my own tracks, or anybody else's for that matter.)

Mix is ready for the oven.
As in el perfecto.
I didn't listen with a microscope, I was lying on my futon, totally engaged.

Sounds Great to me ! Congrats on getting some airplay. Did you send them a completely un-compressed file or had you already done some pre-mastering ?
mark

I probably wouldn't do anything after mastering. But this one doesn't need anything. It sounds great.

Sounds Great to me ! Congrats on getting some airplay. Did you send them a completely un-compressed file or had you already done some pre-mastering ?
mark
Thanks. I sent a wav that had maybe 1db of SSL compressor working and minor EQ cuts and low shelf. I let the M.E. know ahead of time.

I should upload a link to the original mix that I sent him, to let anyone who wants a chance to hear the comparison

Back