Before and after MP3s of MK012 Dorsey mod

For any who are interested, I made a couple of clips comparing the Oktava MK-012 before and after the Scott Dorsey modification. Steve (Ozraves) at MOJO PIE was kind enough to host them and has posted them below in this thread.

Last edited:
Gidge said:
why didnt you post links to the mp3's instead of links to nother BBS?....
I'm glad he did... because the thread they got going on the subject on the other BBS is good.

some people are glad Alan Hyatt spams here, but that doesnt make it right......

Gidge--

I doubt Flatpicker (like 99 percent of people on the web) knew how to grab the URL for the link in the other thread. So, I put it up. No biggie.

Anyhow, on the subject of this thread, I actually like both of these samples. It does come across as a one mic sound in that he's got one mic on the guitar. The mod seems a little reminiscent of the Audio-Technica AT3031's sound.

Steve
www.mojopie.com

Last edited:
ozraves said:
...I doubt Flatpicker (like 99 percent of people on the web) knew how to grab the URL for the link in the other thread. So, I put it up. No biggie.
I knew how, but since you had hosted the clips for me and posted them in your own forum, I didn't feel right about doing that. So, when you posted them here, I edited my original message. In hind sight, I should have just ask your permissionin.

BTW, I have no vested interest in "Studio Forums". Heck, I'd prefer fewer people post there because it'd improve my chances to win the prize at the end of each month. :D

Yeah, I never did get to see Scott's article.

I went in to Tower Books around 7 September and they still had the August issue of Recording. I went in on 1 October and they had already the October issue. :mad:

bongolation said:
Yeah, I never did get to see Scott's article.

I went in to Tower Books around 7 September and they still had the August issue of Recording. I went in on 1 October and they had already the October issue. :mad:
You can always order a back issue. I believe they're the same price.

Back