Beer:)

Pub Style

You Are The Walrus
I'm sure some of you like to take the time to enjoy a few pints once in a while.. ? I have a mild love affair with a properly poured pint of the Guinness. Black gold! And on a hot, hot day I certainly don't snub an ice cold Coors light (chilled glass of course)

120 Caories of health..jpg

Damned sideways picture

Last edited:
I'm a Stout/Porter kinda guy. If you can see thru it, it ain't beer.
Now Dewers and water ain't too shabby either.

Not been such a beer fan too much these days. On a hot day, Gin and Ginger ale in a big glass. Mix to desire/need, depending on the day or how the week went.

Use to drink Shiner when in the early 90's, at the time it was refreshing to have a choice from the big brew industries, and they only sold it in Texas (always a bonus when it is exclusive). Thank goodness we now have microbreweries popping up and giving us real choice.

Use to drink Shiner when in the early 90's, at the time it was refreshing to have a choice from the big brew industries, and they only sold it in Texas (always a bonus when it is exclusive). Thank goodness we now have microbreweries popping up and giving us real choice.
I'm not a big fan of microbrews. All of them try to be so esoteric and on some bleeding edge somewhere. Then pseudo-fans rave about how good it is because they don't want to be left out of the cool crowd. None of them brew a beer for the sake of drinking beer.

I usually just drink wine. Mostly from a box. It's cheaper. :D

But when I do drink beer and want something special, I drink Shiner. I'm the most un-interesting man in the world. :)

Rogue Brewery is my favorite. Dead guy ale, chocolate stout, porter. They are the best right now IMO.

As far as scotches go, I like the Islay peaty ones - Coal Isla, Laphroag, Talisker, Ardbeg, Lagavulin. Springbank is also awesome.

I am in a Pappy Van Winkle lottery right now for some 15 YO. Overpriced, but still good. The 23 YO is incredible.

I'm not a big fan of microbrews. All of them try to be so esoteric and on some bleeding edge somewhere. Then pseudo-fans rave about how good it is because they don't want to be left out of the cool crowd. None of them brew a beer for the sake of drinking beer.

There are definitely a lot of crappy ones out there. They don't do "subtle."

Down here in Aus they call a "box" a "cask" (despite still having a box-like shape). However, they do put some pretty acceptable wines in said casks. I tend to have a box/cask of a very nice Traminer-Riesling in the fridge at all times (not to mention a few bottles of beer).

Most underrated delivery mechanism for wine.

My father in law, who had a good understanding of wine, explained to me why this method was so good. No air ever reached the wine, therefore is stayed good much longer. Since he liked wine, and wasn't a wine snob, when he was in the US for a visit, he would buy his daily drinker in a box. He also liked the price.

Sobriety is for quitters and I'm a quitter :D Clean and Sober for 30 years now. That said I do enjoy the taste and experience of a cold brew every now and then and fortunately there are some really good NA beers if you look hard. Gertsel is my go to, imported by Trader Joes. When I was in Czech a few months back there were all kinds of NA beers but my favorite there is Staropramen.

As a teen and younger adult I didn't really like beer..I started developing a taste in the mid 20's, my favorite back then was Bohemia ice cold...so cold when you popped the cap it would ice up a little...good stuff

I'm sure some of you like to take the time to enjoy a few pints once in a while.. ? I have a mild love affair with a properly poured pint of the Guinness. Black gold! And on a hot, hot day I certainly don't snub an ice cold Coors light (chilled glass of course)

View attachment 98708

Damned sideways picture

That's funny, my wife is a hardcore Guinness fan, in fact I'm going to buy her a Guinness hoody for Christmas, she already has the glasses and a mug.

I agree about the box wine. I don't know enough about it to be a snob, I would never know if it came from a bottle or a bag unless you told me.

Glad to see there are other box o' wine drinkers out there. Nobody wants to admit it, but yet they disappear off the shelves at the store. :D

I can definitely taste the difference with box wine. It's not great, but I'm not a purist snob for anything. Guitars, beers, guitar tones, vocals, lyrics, cars, front lawn, holiday decorations, wine.....

Back