Been a while! Here's a Beatles cover.

Yes, I will have to say the space on your mixes is phenominal.

Don't you use Reaper? Its super easy to do vari-speed recording, I do it all the time, especially with keyboard midi work. I'll record it at half speed so at least its in the same key, although an octave lower.
Yeah, I use REAPER, but had no idea I can do that. Anyway, it's not something I'll ever want to do, really. Thanx Sea. :cool:

Yeah, I use REAPER, but had no idea I can do that. Anyway, it's not something I'll ever want to do, really. Thanx Sea. :cool:

Alternatively, if you select a part in the sequencer window and hit F2, you can set the part to play back up or down a given number of semitones (I think it works with both audio and midi parts). You can multi select items (by right click dragging) and set them all at once. I did this to record a female part 3 semitones down, then pitched everything back to normal, except upped the 'female' part by 3 semitones. It didn't sound great!

It didn't sound great!
Well, I'm glad it didn't sound great. Makes the decision easier since it's not something I'd ever do. Everyone has their "quirks" and "rules". One of mine is that if I can't play it at the right speed, or sing it in the right key, I don't do it. Nothing against people that use sequencers and other gadgets, but it just ain't for me. :cool:

Well, I'm glad it didn't sound great. Makes the decision easier since it's not something I'd ever do. Everyone has their "quirks" and "rules". One of mine is that if I can't play it at the right speed, or sing it in the right key, I don't do it. Nothing against people that use sequencers and other gadgets, but it just ain't for me. :cool:

Haha, no it sounds pretty lame, but I gave it a go to see how would turn out. I was just throwing it out there as an alternative way of achieving the same thing without having to record at a higher or lower speed.

I agree with that, but in this case, you are playing it in the wrong speed ;)

Regardless, it doesn't matter, since you played it really well.

in this case, you are playing it in the wrong speed ;)
Well, that might be a matter of semantics. It's only the wrong speed because we know the story behind the recording. As far as I'm concerned, the "right" speed is the speed that ends up on the song. HE'S the one that recorded it at the wrong speed. I was able to do it at the right speed, not my fault he couldn't. :D

Nice job! As others said, the harmonies were awesome. I loved the snare... Thanks for sharing.
Thanx chuck. There's one vote for the snare. :D

I'm just grinning at how Greg is liking a Beatles song! :D

Nice cover RAMI...does the original justice. :cool:
Thanx Miro. Yeah, I knew Greg wouldn't dig it. But I also know that he can make objective observations on the mix, sounds, levels, etc.....:cool:

Thanx Miro. Yeah, I knew Greg wouldn't dig it. But I also know that he can make objective observations on the mix, sounds, levels, etc.....:cool:
Thanks. That's a foreign concept sometimes in here, but it's what I try to do.

Just kidding with you.....normally you openly hate even the mention of "Beatles". :D
I do like some Beatles songs. A few from their earliest stuff. I just don't think they're anything special like most people do.

I was saturated with Beatles music in my youth, like most.....but honestly, I moved on back in my '20s.
If I hear some old Beatles tune that I use to like, I may enjoy listening to it now, but I don't own a single Bealtles CD, and I've been listening to CDs a long time....but I think if I dig through my old vynil records, I might find a Beatles album somewhere in there.

That said....for their time, they were on the leading edge of modern music, and much of what they did influenced many that followed, in one degree or another, so no one can take anything away from the Beatles....but yeah, they are old news now.

I never said they weren't still relevent. :)

Old news to me in this case doesn't mean they are irrelevent....I already said they have influenced many generations of musicians that followed. It just meant that to the youth of today, they are "old news"....just like Muddy Waters, Led Zepplin, etc...etc....

Old news to me in this case doesn't mean they are irrelevent....I already said they have influenced many generations of musicians that followed. It just meant that to the youth of today, they are "old news"....just like Muddy Waters, Led Zepplin, etc...etc....

I hate it when my jokes bomb. :(

:D

Back