Beautiful Broken people

eyema_believer

Bondservant
OKIE Doke guys....

I've worked until I'm blue in the face with this one, mostly on the drums....I just found the snare sounds really bad on laptop speakers... :(

Besides the tracks needing to be cleaned up to get rid of the click etc, what do you guys hear?

Peace!

~Shawn

Pretty busy, Shawn, but a good song. The violin or lead git way on the left is a distraction. The busy electric staccato notes distract, too. 2:40 is a breath of fresh air with the strum and the bass note. Clean at 2:40 and 2:42 and then a bass clip at 2:44. You heard that, right? This has potential, but a little more work might be in order.

I'm checking this out on laptop speakers, to see what you mean. Would like to hear more harmony volume at the beginning if possible (they're good later). The drums seem a little loud to me at the beginning too. The snare is woody/snappy but not that bad really to me. I agree with the violin comment - not my fave patch...it works, but something else maybe? It's a very cool song, and the build up ending is fantisimo!!

:cool::):cool:

I think the snare sounds fine. I find the kik too loud or maybe just too clicky. That can be adjusted. I find the busy parts are busy at the right time, and when there are vocals, the simpler arrangement is cool. This is a very cool tune, by the way, Eyema.

I only listened on laptop speakers so keep that in mind.
The kick seems to clicky, maybe its just a volume issue, if itd be quieter I wouldnt notice it as much.
I love the staccato parts and Id bring them up just a tad bit when the lead part is playing at the same time.
Production wise I like it. I would personally give som of the guitar parts a little bit more of a "spacey" feel, specially in the breakdown part.
The song is really good too, reminds me of a band called Starfield.

Mike

Pretty busy, Shawn, but a good song. The violin or lead git way on the left is a distraction. The busy electric staccato notes distract, too. 2:40 is a breath of fresh air with the strum and the bass note. Clean at 2:40 and 2:42 and then a bass clip at 2:44. You heard that, right? This has potential, but a little more work might be in order.

OK... so, both of the lead instruments are a distraction as you listen. Do you think having just one at a time might help? That's what I intended before I started to mix, but tried panning them first, and it seemd to work. The bass clip is an improvement. The bass actually petered out right there, and I grabbed a bit from someplace else in the song and pasted it in. I will see if I can get it better.

I'm checking this out on laptop speakers, to see what you mean. Would like to hear more harmony volume at the beginning if possible (they're good later). The drums seem a little loud to me at the beginning too. The snare is woody/snappy but not that bad really to me. I agree with the violin comment - not my fave patch...it works, but something else maybe? It's a very cool song, and the build up ending is fantisimo!!

:cool::):cool:

Thanks Ido. The harmony singers; there's only one in the beginning. I shall turn her up. The violin isn't a patch, it's a real violin, so can't change the patch. What don't you like? Maybe I could EQ it a bit and make it more pleasing if you give me a suggestion. I am EQing the drums... I think it will help.

I think the snare sounds fine. I find the kik too loud or maybe just too clicky. That can be adjusted. I find the busy parts are busy at the right time, and when there are vocals, the simpler arrangement is cool. This is a very cool tune, by the way, Eyema.

Thanks Rami. I will EQ the kik some too. I kinda like the arrangement. This isn't my song, or my band, but the production/arrangement is mine. This is actually a bunch of kids... most of them are in highschool yet.

I only listened on laptop speakers so keep that in mind.
The kick seems to clicky, maybe its just a volume issue, if itd be quieter I wouldnt notice it as much.
I love the staccato parts and Id bring them up just a tad bit when the lead part is playing at the same time.
Production wise I like it. I would personally give som of the guitar parts a little bit more of a "spacey" feel, specially in the breakdown part.
The song is really good too, reminds me of a band called Starfield.

Mike

Hey cool... I love Starfield's harmony vocals... they are awesome!

Thanks for the listens and suggestions guys.... keep em commin'... I'll post a remix in a few days.

Peace!

~Shawn

I like the violin - sounds real could be beef up alittle.
In the intro the stoccato could be pulled back & the violin centred.
They belong panned when they're just licks but again the stoccato reduced in vol.
I like the drums, a little less click on the b/drum would be an advantage though.
the bass lacks definition when things get busy but sounds good when there's space - isn't it always the way?
The harmonies could use a little more volume & the lead vox a little less
Good song, moving along nicely - keep at it as ity'll be worth it.
WHY are you listening on your laptop?

WHY are you listening on your laptop?

Thanks for the feedback, Ray.

Doesn't everyone monitor their mixes on their teeny tiny itsy bitsy laptop speakers? :p

I listened on the laptop because I had to transfer the MP3 to the laptop to access the internet. After I upload, I always check to make sure it actually streams from the server, and that's when I heard the icky snare!!!

Peace!

~Shawn

The violin isn't a patch, it's a real violin, so can't change the patch. What don't you like?

Its a lousy sound, sorry.:o I am assuming its an electric plugged in direct?? It doesnt have any body and is too dry, it needs some kind of "Pod" or something, perhaps with delay.

The song is very good, I like it quite a bit.:cool:

Nice song Shawn, I really like the chorus and your voice is beautiful! On the whole it all sounds a bit dry. Some more ambience would't be too bad, reverbs and stuff, maybe some more vocal harmonies....but definitely a very catchy song and it's got potential.

Joe ;)

Its a lousy sound, sorry.:o I am assuming its an electric plugged in direct?? It doesnt have any body and is too dry, it needs some kind of "Pod" or something, perhaps with delay.

The song is very good, I like it quite a bit.:cool:

Nice song Shawn, I really like the chorus and your voice is beautiful! On the whole it all sounds a bit dry. Some more ambience would't be too bad, reverbs and stuff, maybe some more vocal harmonies....but definitely a very catchy song and it's got potential.

Joe ;)

Thanks for the listens guys.... I'm working on a re-mix now.... will post in a few days!

Peace,

~Shawn

Back