Beatmakers Mia

BEATMAKERS

WHO DAT MAKIN THAT NOIZE
YO SORRY I AINT GOT MY SONG IN MY PC IS MESSED UP. i CAN GO ONLINE BUT CANT OPEN ANY PROGRAM ON THIS JOINT. I DONT WANT TO JUST REINSTALL WINDOWS BECAUSE I WILL LOSE EVERYTHING ON HERE SO I AM TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO SAVE IT AND FIX THE PC AT THE SAME TIME.

ok i down loaded that alibre cad program and it didnt work so i uninstalled it. since then i have not been able to start live or aim or install aim again. The pc starts up fine. i checked the windows site thinking it was the 32vxd as the microsoft site says but it wasnt. when i try to open a program or install a program the pc just freezes up.

I am running windows 98 second edition
intel celeron 533 mhz with 256 mb of ram

I know i need a new pc but i need a new car first

BEATMAKERS said:
ok i down loaded that alibre cad program and it didnt work so i uninstalled it. since then i have not been able to start live or aim or install aim again. The pc starts up fine. i checked the windows site thinking it was the 32vxd as the microsoft site says but it wasnt. when i try to open a program or install a program the pc just freezes up.

I am running windows 98 second edition
intel celeron 533 mhz with 256 mb of ram

I know i need a new pc but i need a new car first

It sounds like its definitely a WINDOWS problem...there has to be a way of repairing windows without erasing the hard drive. If your hard drive is partitioned (ie you have a C:/ and a D:/), i would move the important files to the D drive. That way you can reinstall windows on the C drive (and you wont lose them) -- that is if you cant find another way to fix the problem. But if I were a betting man, I would say the problem lies somewhere in the windows registry (since installing/uninstalling a program caused it) I think they might have software that corrects that on download.com

There's actually a way to restore your registry in DOS. Usually if you tap F8 while your computer is booting it will get you to the Windows Startup Screen. From there you can choose "Start computer in safe mode command prompt only"

When you get to C: in DOS. I think you want to go to C:\\Windows (to get to those folders from C: just type in "cd windows" then enter and then and type in "scanreg\ restore" (all of this without the quotation marks). This should let you pick from different registry dates. Find one that was before the problem happened....Usually this will work. It's been a while since I used 98, but search your windows folder for scanreg.exe and include subfolders. Then go into DOS by the method I just mentioned and load it there.

Fie.

Fieva said:
There's actually a way to restore your registry in DOS. Usually if you tap F8 while your computer is booting it will get you to the Windows Startup Screen. From there you can choose "Start computer in safe mode command prompt only"

When you get to C: in DOS. I think you want to go to C:\\Windows (to get to those folders from C: just type in "cd windows" then enter and then and type in "scanreg\ restore" (all of this without the quotation marks). This should let you pick from different registry dates. Find one that was before the problem happened....Usually this will work. It's been a while since I used 98, but search your windows folder for scanreg.exe and include subfolders. Then go into DOS by the method I just mentioned and load it there.

Fie.
would not restore i'm over it going pc shopping today this pc is old as hell anyway 5-6 years so i am long over due

I keep all that stuff burned on CD and labeled so I know where to find it. Good to see you got the new PC. Hope that works out better. You may want to add your hard drive to that computer as well. Keep one for backup only and one for software installs and such.

Heh heh heh....I can't WAIT to finish building mine. It will be a good lil' monster.

you need to run a virus scan to see if you download a trojan horse..and make sure all the files for that program has been deleted off..like kthe program folder..

Back