Beatles voted favorite band by some survey

ido1957

9K Gold Member
The Beatles Named America
The Beatles Named America’s Favorite Band

The Beatles have been named America’s Favorite Band, according to a new Harris Poll . The Fab Four inched out Elvis Presley to snag the top spot on the list, which was conducted using information from an online poll that took place last month asking, "Who is your favorite singer/musician or band?" More than 2,300 people ages 18 and up filled out the poll.

Classic rockers Led Zeppelin and the Eagles also made the cut, coming in at No. 4 and No. 7, respectively. The Eagles actually tied three other performers for the No. 7 spot: Neil Diamond, Celine Dion and Garth Brooks.

Harris conducted the same poll in 2010, and that year, U2 took the top spot, with the Beatles and Elvis both at No. 3. U2 didn’t make the top 10 this year, but we’re guessing that’s because fans are just waiting for new music.

Looking at demographics, the millennial generation, ages 18-37, picked Beyoncé as their favorite performer. Gen-Xers ranging in age from 38 to 49 opted for Metallica. Baby Boomers, ages 50-68, picked the Beatles. Those 69 and over voted for Willie Nelson as their favorite.

America’s Top 10 Favorite Singers/Musicians/Bands According to Harris:

1. Beatles
2. Elvis Presley
3. Beyoncé
4. Led Zeppelin
5. George Strait
6. Bruno Mars
7. Neil Diamond
7. Eagles
7. Celine Dion
7. Garth Brooks

Well I'm disgusted. Another year and still no Bobby McFerrin? Don't Worry Be Happy?? Hello???
When will you sheeple wake up and realize what we had for one shining moment back in '88.

From the Harris Poll report
2,306 U.S. adults surveyed online

Note the operative word. This poll reflects the votes of those who go online to vote for this crap....

And 2000 isn't very many people. It could be HR idiots voting for this shit. There may be hope for us yet.

From the Harris Poll report

Note the operative word. This poll reflects the votes of those who go online to vote for this crap....

Indeed.... if, as reported, the same survey 4 years ago had U2 at the top, and they didn't even make the top 10 this time, you suspect it's not exactly the most accurate survey ever.

This is why every other country in the world laughs at us. What a shitty list.

Just got here and I knew after reading the title and before I even opened the thread that you would have said something like this LOL.

These surveys install no confidence in me about the music tastes of society today. Why is it that half the artists are either dead or in retirement homes.

Alan

On a recent online survey over 2000 respondents said they had never heard of me or any of my music.

Every year, music strands get narrower. Many kids under 11 would have have no idea who the Beatles and Elvis were, but would know Beyonce.

These polls are pointless now because the demographics of the music audience is far too wide now to generate sense. However, we all know this!

Who cares what 2000 people actually think? Music is music, like what you like.

There's absolutely zero point in a poll to find out who likes who the most.

I like the Beatles, the story is often better than the music imo.
and noticed they are on the radio a lot still, it is strange to last that long for whatever reason. 2,300 people voted, ok.

I dont take any of the polls too serious, I mean the Rolling Stones arent on there? Theyve been doing it a hundred years right?

Beatles at 50-68 yr olds.. that makes sense.

Beyonce I couldnt name one song. Elvis, music wise was rockin only a couple years, then it was ballads and stuff.

So this poll seems to state of the 2300, most of them were 50-68?

I have some Beatle stuff I need to sell before it falls out of being worth anything, like the Elvis stuff has. I often wonder how long the Elvis mansion tour will continue? Thats a pretty old crowd, the Elvis fans. McCartneys 72. My kids arent going to buy my Yoko album collection. (thats a joke, kind of)

Every year, music strands get narrower. Many kids under 11 would have have no idea who the Beatles and Elvis were, but would know Beyonce.

These polls are pointless now because the demographics of the music audience is far too wide now to generate sense. However, we all know this!

But would they know Beyonce as a celeb or for her music? She showed how flimsy her back catalogue was when she struggled to pad out a superbowl halftime show with her hits a couple of years back. Crazy In Love - check, those two she did with Destinys Chikd - check, that one with the cringeworthy dance about a ring. After that...

Whether anyone gives a shit about these lists or not, that's a pretty damn uninspiring list of names! I can't imagine how drab your life is or how low your horizons must be to consider Celine bloody Dion the pinnacle of your musical world for even a second...

Back