Beatles & Badfinger covers

Good vocals. The drummer does not seem to be doing the same as what you hear (on the Badfinger song, at least), assume you retracked drums, added bass, etc.

Good mix and well done........but I have to agree about your drummer. Might be a bit too distracted doing vocals while playing and the results are a bit less in sync with everyone else. Not so much in timing.....but the overall performance comes off a little plain. Trust me.......it's not a big problem......just a notation in an otherwise good job!!

I think some of the 'plainness' of the songs might come from using electronic drums, hence the songs don't seem to have much in the way of dynamics. Of course that could also be the way the song was mixed/compressed.

I beg to differ on electronic drums not allowing for feel or dynamics, but i just think the drummer in this is poor. and subtracts from the otherwise great guitar and singing performances. I think the guitar playing actually isn't sloppy enough for this tune. But your vocals are on, and i love the little slapback you added on for the ultra-retro kick.

We are not a group a band just got together to record a couple of tunes and Cathy on the drums has just been playing about 5 weeks . We may record Look through any window by the Hollies one of my favorite tunes Ive always wanted to sing .

Right now working on some original songs I'm composing and I may play all the instruments myself not sure and put them on youtube . Started another working project with a children's dvd which will have animation as well as music and vocals which if plans work out will be available to the public Magic Hollow .

Lol, on the Beatles song, I've always pronounced "writer" as "writah" as you do, but then hearing the lady on the drums say it as it's regularly pronounced sounds a little off.

Great performance!

Lol, on the Beatles song, I've always pronounced "writer" as "writah" as you do, but then hearing the lady on the drums say it as it's regularly pronounced sounds a little off.

Great performance!

I think on the original it's more to do with the liverpool / scouse accent rather than a correct or incorrect pronunciation - similar to the way Lennon says 'forever' on strawberry fields forever...

But to the original poster.... your version of Paperback Writer is an awesome cover! :listeningmusic: very good work!

We are not a band just did a couple of tunes one night . Maybe next year we will do a few more but it was all about having fun not trying to impress just spent time together one evening .

We are not a band just did a couple of tunes one night . Maybe next year we will do a few more but it was all about having fun not trying to impress just spent time together one evening .

Well, sorry, but I was IMPRESSED! Great vocal work, and a pretty tight performance. For sure, do more!

Back