Beatles attempt

Man this sounds like a fantastic performance! But it's all drums! I can barely hear the vocals.

And you're going to hear it from more than just me methinks. I'll check back on this later cuz it sounds like a fabulous rendition...

sounds good tom...........i agree that the drums might be a touch loud........the guitar sounds great.......so does the piano............nice work

I think the drums sound killer. The tone on the lead guitar is DAMN close to the original. A lttle intonation problems on the vocal (the harmony part in particular) but still, it sounds very cool. I have a couple of buddies that come by on Thursday mornings/afternoons to jam and it's just about the same playlist that you're doing. God, it's fun! Great job bro.

Thanks guys for the listen.

SLuiCe - I just did a -2 dB drum bus and +2 dB on the vox re-mix and its posted.

powderfinger - thanks bud.

Track Rat - Thanks for the comment on the drum sounds!

A fun workout to a great Beatles song.
Sounds like you guys were having a good time with it and it isnt stiff at all.

I dont find the drums overpowering at all...
I likes it!!!

Mike

King Elvis said:
I dont find the drums overpowering at all...

He adjusted the levels...see the post before yours. ;)

Ahhh...much better! Ths is a pretty nice mix man. The guitar solo at around 1:00 could come up a touch I think. Vocals are sitting much better now IMO.

Hey great performances all around! I look forward to hearing the original stuff!

Tom - you keep sucking me in with your posts. Your repertoire is like a list of my favorite stuff.

This one is pretty good, but IMHO the vocals are weak. The instrumental track is great (love the cowbell). It's also the best drum track I've heard from you yet.

But, you need to do something about the vocals. It sounds to me like the harmony parts you are doing are wrong. Seems like someone is doing a harmony underneath the lead, and it needs to be on top of the lead. (I'd have to dig out my old albums to know for sure.)

Very nice stuff - but change that harmony part. :)

Thanks fellas

King Elvis - Thanks Mike for checking it out.

SLuiCe - Thanks for having "seconds" and your suggestions.

chrisharris - Hi Chris.Yeah,it looks like that old "In the Year 2000" sketch that Conan O'Brian used to do with a flashlight under his chin.

dachay2tnr - Thanks for the kind words.I'm seeking a vocalist to replace my scratch tracks.

A Reel Person - thank you!

SLuiCe - I think that you look more like Frodo Baggins when he put the ring on and saw the fire pussy.

Back