Beat over powering Vocals

Dat_Nigga_Pari

When i make a smooth track all the levels are great not to hard to put it together. when i get on a loud beat or a banger its always hard to level my vocals with the beat. any suggestions.? idk what to do i wanna try getting it to the mastering part an maken turn down certin parts for the vocals to bloom idk. help>>?

I'm not exactly sure I understand what your problem is. But it sounds like there are sections of a song where the backing tracks are overpowering the vocal. I'm going to assume that's your issue.

Most people on this site work in a DAW. So again I'll assume you're working in a DAW on a computer. Most DAWs have something called a "Volume envelope." It's a tool that lets you automate the volume of a track. you can use taht on your offending backing tracks to turn them down and let the vocal pop through.

You might also want to post your song in the MP3 clinic and see if you get any comments. That might help too.

Hope it helps - Dat_douchebag_Trip

by mastering i assume you mean sidechaining...ive never side chained vocals but i suppose the principles the same

google sidechaining with whatever DAW youre using

Tell us about your track.
What instruments are there? What's the mix like?
Maybe even post a clip?

My best guess (and it is a guess) is that there's more going on in the mix when you have problems.
The more parts there are, the greater the chance that two or more of those parts are occupying the same space on one of the three main planes: Frequency, stereo position and depth.
We use eq, panning and ambience to control audio in these three ways.

Methodically mute things, apart from the vocals, until the problem goes away.
Then you'll know which parts are causing the problem.

As horribly insensitive as it is, I can attest to the fact that in China, Singapore, and Taiwan, that toothpaste is definitely still currently sold as "Black Man Toothpaste" (something like 黑人牙膏). Been studying Chinese for a few years now and was floored when I saw it.

Anyways, back to the OP. Every piece of a mix is a puzzle that has to fit into a certain space. Picture a mix as a 3D box. Low end to high end is floor to ceiling...panning left to right is your left to right...effects that push sounds back is your front to back. If your vocals aren't coming through, something else is right there in the center (left to right) and in that same frequency (bottom to top). Find what is stepping on the vocals and be merciless. The best beat in the world won't save a song where you can't hear the vocals.

the toothpaste is called "darkie", i think its been changed in a few countries as Im sure it was also sold in Australia...but thats what it was, and is called in some places ;)

It's now "Darlie", in Asia at least. But the Chinese is definitely still "Black Man Toothpaste". Unreal.

the toothpaste is called "darkie", i think its been changed in a few countries as Im sure it was also sold in Australia...but thats what it was, and is called in some places ;)

It's now "Darlie", in Asia at least. But the Chinese is definitely still "Black Man Toothpaste". Unreal.

i think its still darkie in malaysia...maybe not i havent been there in a few years

many asian countries dont quite have the sensibilities of the west at times ;)

LOL@ you guys think this Pari character is Black.

Yo, turn the volume down on your beats, dummy.

Back