Beach Boys Cover

So, I'm a huge Beach Boys fan and was listening to the more obscure stuff lately, namely their "Surf's Up" album and rediscovered one of my very favorite songs of theirs, a tune called "'Til I Die." It's a very somber tune, but one of my very favorites and so I wanted to tackle it. Everything on it, from music to all the vocals, is me.

http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=109701

I also have another version of it with just the vocals, if anyone is interested.

Enjoy!

Niiiice vocals

I hadn't heard this track before. I liked it though - nice minor vocal melodies. Think you've done a good job with the vocals. Really, really nice in the ending part which repeats 'until I die'. Sounded like the man himself.
Mmm. 2nd listen is nice too :cool:

intomusic

Holy Jesus...there's a "Now That's What I call music 30?!?!?!" I remember the first one. Holy crap I'm old.

Your cover is nice. I really enjoyed it. Congrats. You voice definitely has a Brian Wilson meets Of Montreal quality to it. I really like the outro harmonies.
Really, very good.

Sounds pretty good. Been a rash of Beach Boys covers lately. I aint complaining, I'm guilty of doing it too. :D

Some of the vocals sound off in spots, but overall it's very good. I vaguely remember this one. Nice choice of an obscure tune.

I hadn't heard this track before. I liked it though - nice minor vocal melodies. Think you've done a good job with the vocals. Really, really nice in the ending part which repeats 'until I die'. Sounded like the man himself.
Mmm. 2nd listen is nice too :cool:

intomusic

Thanks! It's definitely an obscure one, but it was really fun doing.

Holy Jesus...there's a "Now That's What I call music 30?!?!?!" I remember the first one. Holy crap I'm old.

Your cover is nice. I really enjoyed it. Congrats. You voice definitely has a Brian Wilson meets Of Montreal quality to it. I really like the outro harmonies.
Really, very good.

Really? Thanks. I'll have to check out Of Montreal, as I haven't heard them.

Sounds pretty good. Been a rash of Beach Boys covers lately. I aint complaining, I'm guilty of doing it too. :D

Some of the vocals sound off in spots, but overall it's very good. I vaguely remember this one. Nice choice of an obscure tune.

Thanks, Greg. If you don't mind me asking, which parts were off, so I could go back, if I wanted to? I had been thinking of redoing the falsetto on the some of the verses, as I felt it sounded way too Mickey Mouse, which is generally a little different than I normally sound.

Super mellow and somber as you said...never heard this one before. Really, really nice job on the vocals though. The vocals tracks sound very authentic for the period. Well constructed and well performed :).

Very nice, mellow. Was this song during Wilson's depression era? He did some dark stuff for a while.

Dude, you're pic is the one on Wikipedia. Cool!!

:D I'm a phamous fotographer. ;) Actually, I put the pic on Wikipedia a while ago. Someone took it down after a few days and someone else put it back. It's been there for a few months now, so I thing it has found acceptance.

Very nice, mellow. Was this song during Wilson's depression era? He did some dark stuff for a while.

Dude, you're pic is the one on Wikipedia. Cool!!

Definitely. I think it was originally written around 1969-1970, but wasn't put out until 1971's "Surf's Up" album.

I have heard the original, and it too is one of my favorites, and you nailed it. Like greg said, I did notice the vocals being a bit off here and there, but no enough to make a big deal of. There also seemed to be a vocal part missing at the end with all the different lines running at once. I may be wrong, but it just seemed to missing something. I would be interested in hearing the vocals only if you don't mind.

-Adam.

Back