Be Mine

vineband

nothing but a harp
this is my first beginning to end home studio effort, and technically my first mix. Curious how it sits in your speakers, would love any feedback... Thanks!

Be Mine

Not bad. I'd like to hear it with a higher bitrate -- there seem to be lots of encoding artifacts. It's difficult to tell whether, for example, the slightly "tinny" sound is due to the recording/mixing or the mp3 encoding.

The song develops nicely. The mix, aside from the tinny sound, is appropriate for the material.

Great first effort!

Don

don thanks for the feedback. i will have to check the numbers on all the conversions. It has been a very tedious process to turn waves into quality mp3's.

Woahh man. 96kbps aint good. I can hear the loss on the vocals. Bad MP3 conversion looses presence, crispness, hi end and lo end.
From what i hear it does sound good though. But cant totally be sure.

I used something caled diet MP3 to convert to mp3. The diet program is real stupid looking but its all i found freeware wise that converts to mp3. Any suggestions for making this transition from wav to Mp3 better quality?

When you convert to MP3 make sure if there is an option, choose the "highest quality" and also 128kbps is the very very least you want to be converting to.
320kbps is mean to be CD quality, but i can still hear some strange stuff going on in some songs of that quality.

There just aint a way of getting .wav quality with alot of compression, ...or is there?

Interesting.

Quote from article: http://www.apple.com/mpeg4/aac/

"The Data Speaks for Itself
In numerous comparison tests, AAC comes out on top. Check out these impressive results:
AAC compressed audio at 128 kbps (stereo) has been judged by expert listeners to be “indistinguishable” from the original uncompressed audio source.*"

Can this actually be true??
I aint sure. I mean didnt experts think that MP at 128kbps was indistinguishable from the original .wav file 10 years ago?

Back