Be Mine Tonight, after remixing

Sounds reasonably good. Too much effect on the vocals making them indistinct and hard to understand. The mix is good. Everything sounds very period 80's hair...more oomph to the drums will push that.
Decent performance. The vocalist has a great 80s hair sound, and good talent.

We grew up listening to 80's hairbands. lol The vocal has a delay on it. To much? Do you think the vocals are to tinny. The singer has no bass to his voice naturally.

Yeah, just dry the echo a bit so it's not overpowering the next words...vocalist sound very good for that style of music. Bass can be added to any voice, just ask radio DJs. :)
I listened to some hair in the day, but was always a fan of prog...Yes, Rush, ELP, New England...and some off the wall operatic stuff like Queensryche and Metal Church. Not much from that era still rings the bells for me, though.

I love Rush. I will use your advice. Thank you. Also, thanks for the complement on the vocalist. That's me. I am very insecure about my singing. Always have been. I started singing when I played in my first band, 1985, only because I was the one who could play (bass) and sing at the same time. lol To me, I can never sound good enough. I cant always sing how I hear it in my head.

LOVE 80's hair rock. This is close to it. The thing that sticks out for me is the lack of energy in the drums. Sounds way over compressed or just recorded poorly. Good guitar playing and very 80's style riffs. Vocals do not sound bad. I think you went a little overboard with the effects, but the performances are not bad.

Find a way to give the drums some energy and then build from there.

This song was my first time recording. We didn't have but 2 cheap mics, and not the best sounding drums. I didn't get the signal loud enough during recording. Live and Learn. I have since got some better mics, and mic the bass, snare, and 2 overheads on our other songs we recorded. I have taken all your advice. Brighten the drums up a tad, less compressed, and turned them up a few.

I thought the guitars sounded pretty good. Singer was good.

The guitars were a little dryer than the vocals. It just kind of throws things off.

Drums are way back in the mix. Snare is almost completely covered in the chorus. Overheads are really phasey/swirly. It might be mangled by SoundCloud, which can happen sometimes. Could also be a phase issue caused by mic placement. I can't tell.

Thanks to all your input. I brought the drums up, and brought down the delay on the vocal. It does sound better. I built some acoustic panels. Cant believe the difference in what I am hearing now. Love it.

I built some acoustic panels. Cant believe the difference in what I am hearing now. Love it.

I think I'm the poster child for this...my first mixes when I came on board were AWFUL! After putting up corner traps, ceiling clouds and reflection points on the side walls and QRD diffusers on the back wall, my room is tight and wonderful. :)

Listened to the remix. It does sound a lot better. Vocals and bass sound very nice. Guitar tone is sounds good for 80s. Something happened to the drums, though. Lost all their highs along the way, like to give them more balls you just pushed the bass and cut the treble. Also, when the first big hit comes in @ 7 seconds, it ducks really hard like too much compression. It's really shaping up. :)

Back